Johnny Marr Q&A

N

Nick Seriously

Well, since I've entered a couple of posts with a lot of nauseating chatter about the site . . . it's time to back my words by posting thoughts about Morrissey and The Smiths.

I read the Marr Q&A at his new site . . . and have a couple of observations. Goodness . . . I never knew there was so much to know about guitars. The possibilities for sound are endless.

Johnny is very evasive about how he put together the sounds for certain songs . . . he is much more open about others. For example, with "William . . ." he just won't give away his secret. Unless I missed something?

His thoughts on "Strangeways . . ." led me to put that album on again yesterday. I consider "The Queen is Dead" to be The Smiths best album . . . and a "perfect" album. But, damn, "Strangeways" is close!! It's missing one super strong song . . . something that would bring it over the top like "Bigmouth" does for "The Queen is Dead".

Rhetorical: why are entertainers so impatient with questions? Is it so hard to be patient with people who evidently care? Check out the site . . . there were a lot of thoughtful questions . . . there were very few inane questions.

Best Marr line in reference to The Smiths (I'm paraphrasing): "People, can we stop living in the past now?" Thank God he said that(but was still willing to entertain almost all Smiths-related questions).

Best Questions (paraphrasing): Have you ever seen Morrissey solo live? What do you think of Morrissey's solo material? Alain Whyte's favorite Smiths songs are . . . etc.? I would recommend checking out the answers.

> Best Questions (paraphrasing): Have you ever seen Morrissey solo
> live? What do you think of Morrissey's solo material? Alain
> Whyte's favorite Smiths songs are . . . etc.? I would recommend
> checking out the answers.

His "answers" were worthless.

There is a "star" etiquette which is about being evasive. This
perpetuates the "star" image. How often have you read interviews
with your favourite actor, musician whatever and they never quite
get to the bottom line? Johnny knows this and so does his highness
Morrissey.

If they don't give too much away then you will always want to come back fo more, and like suckers we do.

Johnny Marr is not that bad at interviews

A worse interviewee snapnecks is Benard Sumner, reading his interviews is like trying to decode the freaking ratty ass dead sea scrolls. He answers in cryptic tones and is arrogant. So reading that Marr Q&A was like a piece of camel cake for me. The rest of you shlubs are morons I'm sure.

Morrissey is so damn cool and if he were to vomit on the front row, I'm sure you mugs would lick it.

> His "answers" were worthless.

He doesn't owe you anything.

Back
Top Bottom