John Grant reviews versus Morrissey reviews

butley

It struck me that although the new John Grant album is pretty good it isn't a patch on World Peace is None of Your Business but the reviews for Mr Grant's album have been wildly complimentary. If a Morrissey had released exactly the same album it would have been slammed. John Grant's lyrics are patchy and sometimes terrible and his melodies can be clunky. Some of it is sublime but as I say Morrissey would have been slagged to death if he had released an album of similar quality.

It struck me that although the new John Grant album is pretty good it isn't a patch on World Peace is None of Your Business but the reviews for Mr Grant's album have been wildly complimentary. If a Morrissey had released exactly the same album it would have been slammed. John Grant's lyrics are patchy and sometimes terrible and his melodies can be clunky. Some of it is sublime but as I say Morrissey would have been slagged to death if he had released an album of similar quality.

i dont listen to him unless someone puts him on. not my cup of tea. morrissey has been around forever and has a long history for people to speculate on on many fronts and so people form opinions and attachments which will change as they do and he does if they were even at all or in part true in reality to begin with. people have many biases even intelligent people. look at ben carson if you know who he is for an extreme example of this. a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds (emerson) though id argue that it plagues all minds as they drunkenly reel on horseback towards the goal of human progress (gothe). or not

Back
Top Bottom