Jean Unsworth, former secretary of the Salford Lads Club passes away at 89

Regards,
FWD.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. If it wasn't for The Smiths, the SLC would probably have closed its doors a long time ago.
YES! If it weren’t for that photo, this member-supported organization that’s existed for 123 years would surely have perished.

Loads of wanker-commentary but not a whole lot of knowledge or common sense around here, is there?

You say Moz is no longer a:

Brilliant wit - nothing has changed.

Superb songwriter' his new LP is his most confident and creative work in years.

Energetic frontman - okay he doesn't dance and flail like he did in the Smiths, but he was a young man then and he's now 60. However he is the still an absolutely magnetic and charismatic performer.

Fabulous voice and charming - Was I hallucinating at Wembley? His voice is better than ever and he told the fans he 'loved them' so genuinely.

Shite political parties - the political party he espoused supports the banning of cruel halal meat practices and wants to introduce equal rights and equal laws for every citizen - unlike now where certain people can produce race cards giving them more rights than those who can't. What's not to like?
Morrissey didn’t write a single song on that album. ...or ANY other album, for that matter. He’s a crooner/lyricist.

Check the credits, sweetheart.

The Smiths have been rewritten into history as one of the big massive 80s bands that everybody loved. In fact, at the time - as this article shows - things were quite different.

They were outsiders.
They were f***ing MASSIVE for those of us who where there, L’il Shooter. ...but you weren’t there, were you?

In that case I take those comments back - I may be getting you mixed up with someone else. But you are very critical of Morrissey, to the point of obsession. I may be wrong, but it's almost as if you want him to fail - all the time. For example when he played those glorious recent shows in Leeds and London you were gunning for those gigs to be complete flops (they weren't).
You’re mixed-up on a number of levels, Sugartits. Carry on though!

I wasn't around then, but looking back at Morrissey's publicity it's ALWAYS been awful apart from a brief moment in about 2004-2006 when they tried to make him a castrated National Treasure.

I prefer him as a National Disgrace - but only if he can still tour & make records! And he needs a couple of hacks or outlets who appreciate his rebellion or that becomes too precarious.
You definitely weren’t around.

Energetic frontman - okay he doesn't dance and flail like he did in the Smiths, but he was a young man then and he's now 60. However he is the still an absolutely magnetic and charismatic performer.

Fabulous voice and charming - Was I hallucinating at Wembley? His voice is better than ever and he told the fans he 'loved them' so genuinely.

Shite political parties - the political party he espoused supports the banning of cruel halal meat practices and wants to introduce equal rights and equal laws for every citizen - unlike now where certain people can produce race cards giving them more rights than those who can't. What's not to like?
Lol! Right then, Shirley! One out of three ain’t bad. His voice still sounds alright and the people who write the songs are doing a halfway decent job of masking the fact that - lyrically - he cant hold up his end anymore.

No bus, no boss... Elephants and lions... Jim-Jim f***ing WHAT?

Fak Arf.

There's definitely a desire in some people to see conformity & contrition.
There’s a strong desire in most people to see some common f***ing sense.

...but that’s beyond the scope and ability of most people around these parts.

Morrissey said vote for For Britain' once. Defended Anne Marie once, wore THE PIN twice, posted FB's open letter that 'defended' him once & said he's still never voted & isn't far right.

It's his haters & critics who have relentlessly promoted FB & Anne Marie & if FB was a remotely functioning party (which it's not) it would be his haters & critics who would be driving recruitment.

YES! If it weren’t for that photo, this member-supported organization that’s existed for 123 years would surely have perished.

Loads of wanker-commentary but not a whole lot of knowledge or common sense around here, is there?

Oh my.

Well, this is awkward.

Sad to hear this. I was at Salford's Lads Club 2 years ago and was due to return this July. That probably won't happen now. Great club and great people. The 'A Light That Never Goes Out' tshirt I bought there is still the best tshirt I have.

hat.jpg

I think I found the origins of Morrissey's Latino fandom. (This coming from someone who rocked that very hat one summer's past!)

I reckon that old Brittish lady got it. The California Son has nothing to do with that Brittish YMCA. This was a publicity shot that their manager at the time thought would be good when they were probably taking the California Son to the airport to fly back home to LA after a Brittish tour. THE CALIFORNIA SON NEVER RETURNED THERE DUMBSHITS! You can see how dude is so cold he wants to fold up his arms like a native Southern Californian. You people are lost vegamite sandwich chipper curry c*** tit twat inn n nnn nn nnn nnnnn nnn n it.
You're hands down the most worthless poster on this site. Not a single soul is amused or tickled by your cringe inducing stabs at humour. Your posts lay dormant, unloved, unacknowledged; you have neither the wit or insight to pull off anything remotely satirical. Punctuating each missive with "inn innnn in innt." You complete twat.

Last edited:
Visited SLC earlier, They now are more than happy with the Smith's - Moz connection.
Very nice staff doing good work for the local community!

Your posts lay dormant, unloved, unacknowledged; you have neither the wit or insight to pull off anything remotely satirical. Punctuating each missive with "inn innnn in innt." You complete twat.
...said the sycophantic slug, acknowledging said “unacknowledged” post.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom