Is Morrissey really intelligent?

• Thread starter emotionally retarded freak
  • Start date
E

emotionally retarded freak

Is Morrissey really a brainy guy or is he just a good talker with a good memory? There are people who read lots of books and don't get much out of them. His emotional intelligence is very low, of course, and that's important. Am I being unfair?

I'm really asking this because I was reading his interviews and he seemed so la-di-da show-off smartypants, and I thought 'He acts like he's smarter than everyone! there's no way he's smarter than me!'

> Is Morrissey really a brainy guy or is he just a good talker
> with a good memory? There are people who read lots of books and
> don't get much out of them. His emotional intelligence is very
> low, of course, and that's important. Am I being unfair?

> I'm really asking this because I was reading his interviews and
> he seemed so la-di-da show-off smartypants, and I thought 'He
> acts like he's smarter than everyone! there's no way he's
> smarter than me!'

People used to say the same about Bernard Shaw (not with the same terms, of course). And Morissey's interviews almost often make me a little disappointed. When I think he will tell us something really interesting, he comes with an old memory, or things that we are more than tired to know.

http://etnox.s.tripod.com/somniumart/

> People used to say the same about Bernard Shaw (not with the
> same terms, of course). And Morissey's interviews almost often
> make me a little disappointed. When I think he will tell us
> something really interesting, he comes with an old memory, or
> things that we are more than tired to know.

er, what do you expect him to say? Explain the mechanics of a watch? The arguments Niels Bohr had with Einstein? Why Marc Chagall liked painting cows and rural scenes?

Crash course for Morrissey-interviewers: take your time to start an interesting conversation. Nothing about courts, money, "j'en ai marre" or other Smiths. Please talk about music.

Back
Top Bottom