Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

What I find really weird about Covid is that taxi drivers are telling me about the various online conspiracy theories & not just actors who are always barking & curing themselves with vitamin supplements & energised crystals while assuming MI6 are after them for auditioning for Rachel Corrie.
Sounds like you're on the gin right now, Malarkey! The idea of media types gaily boozing, sadly conjures up Boris and his cronies flouting rules like lockdown that they foisted on everyone else. As Morrissey said in London yesterday, it's time for us all to pat ourselves on the backs after what we've been through.

A couple of updates on the thread topic:

https://euroweeklynews.com/2023/03/...moderna-mrna-vaccines-is-eye-opening-says-mp/

https://cranmer.substack.com/p/pfizer-vaccine-approval-in-nz-under?r=o7iqo

Sounds like you're on the gin right now, Malarkey! The idea of media types gaily boozing, sadly conjures up Boris and his cronies flouting rules like lockdown that they foisted on everyone else. As Morrissey said in London yesterday, it's time for us all to pat ourselves on the backs after what we've been through.

A couple of updates on the thread topic:

https://euroweeklynews.com/2023/03/...moderna-mrna-vaccines-is-eye-opening-says-mp/

https://cranmer.substack.com/p/pfizer-vaccine-approval-in-nz-under?r=o7iqo

Regardless of what turns out to be true - it is a sociological change & it was driven by social media so the social scientists will be busy.

‘He’s got a reputation as a grifter.’ LOL They think they can just make a blanket statement and that ends the debate.
The antithesis of a grifter really. Imo, John Campbell deserves knighthoods and his own BBC programme. He teaches elsewhere too, and has been involved for some time in guiding health service provision in Kenya -
https://arisenewearth.com/new-hope-...nds-kenya-dr-john-campbell-sep-10-2022-video/

Since patents that would have allowed poorer countries to access generic vaccines were withheld, these places had to struggle on during the pandemic making do with whatever therapies they already had. This is a distinct feature that can be compared with countries which were vaccinated, especially since so few of the gold standard, double-blind randomised controlled trials were done in advance of roll-outs which would have obtained sufficient relevant data before authorisation.

As Kenya's population of 57 million is similar to Italy's population of 60 million, it's interesting to look at the corresponding covid figures.

Covid cases Kenya - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/kenya/

Covid cases Italy - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

Starting? The federal government put Japanese Americans in detention camps in the 40s, and local governments sicced dogs and turned fire hoses on civil rights protesters in the 60s. But those were minority groups, whereas the populace as a whole might revolt when starved of their precious “stuff.” And this is a citizenry with the highest rate of gun ownership in the world. I seriously doubt that the America government would shaft its own people harder than the PRC in a trade war.
Insightful observations that seem fair enough. Interesting times ahead nonetheless, and not in the best way, by the looks of things, so far. Too much of a whiff of anti-flesh tech fest in the air for my liking.

Have always loved Suede - going all the way back to their first single in 1992. Brett has never been particularly 'gobby' or opinionated in interviews. Maybe that's a good thing? He is from less of a working class background than Moz or Ian Brown, maybe that is the difference?
But it is becoming more and more clear that lockdowns were a public health disaster and the vaccines not that effective, although with some very significant cardiac side effects in healthy young people. Time will judge Ian's stance favourably I think. As it will Moz's too.
We are going a bit off tangent now with covid history but
The vaccines were hugely important and saved millions of lives world wide

There is an argument that lockdowns applying to all , were too broad and that it should’ve only been applicable to those with underlying health issues / elderly , but as we seen , the NHS was flooded with younger people / those wouldn’t have necessarily thought would’ve been severely ill

Although again you could probably say the reason so many died in the U.K & US is general health / obesity levels which hampered the respiratory immune system so always going to be worst affected.

Going back to the point , Ian brown and van Morrison will be forever lumped in with covid sceptics / & will be good while )if ever) they get the press on their side & not dismissed as tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists

Both of them have been releasing music in last few years , largely ignored by the press, their live shows still sell though as they have their fanbase from the old days (which some will argue is how Morrissey can sell out tours with no record deal / management

Last edited:

Show me a barrel and watch me scrape it.” Russell Brand sure is sinking deep into loud-mouthed conspiracy mania and zany outrage, and his aesthetics are getting more “hippy” than ever. Does he ever get around to addressing the science of the finding in this video? Because I couldn’t make it past his squeaky-voiced raccoon dog impersonation. I understand the marriage to Katy Perry now. They’re on roughly the same level of intellect.

and thank you for your very, very, very, interesting post. I’ll never be able to watch Brand in the same way again. Thank you!

and thank you for your very, very, very, interesting post. I’ll never be able to watch Brand in the same way again. Thank you!

Seriously, though. Let's put aside content for the moment. He used to have some wit. But don't you find his presentation in his "truth-teller" guise bombastic and juvenile? The shrillness, the urgency, the eye-rolling, the sarcasm, the constant references to shady powers that be—it's Tucker Carlson level at best, veering into Alex Jones. It's difficult to see how he isn't any different from what Jones claimed to be when his back was to the wall in court: "I'm an entertainer. It's just a role, it's performance art."

Seriously, though. Let's put aside content for the moment. He used to have some wit. But don't you find his presentation in his "truth-teller" guise bombastic and juvenile? The shrillness, the urgency, the eye-rolling, the sarcasm, the constant references to shady powers that be—it's Tucker Carlson level at best, veering into Alex Jones. It's difficult to see how he isn't any different from what Jones claimed to be when his back was to the wall in court: "I'm an entertainer. It's just a role, it's performance art."

Guess this is where we differ, because I’m interested in the content only. Though in regards to AJ trying to save his poor ass, I don’t see the comparison. But more importantly, and as I said before… Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

A narrow perception. Though in regards to AJ trying to save his poor ass, I don’t see the comparison. But more importantly, and as I said before… Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

I try not to. Sometimes his content is interesting, but it's kind of ruined by the histrionics. In this one, though, he doesn't appear to address the actual story or the science. He asserts (without evidence) that it's "they" trying to craft a distraction from the lab leak. He doesn't even treat either hypothesis as a possibility: for him, one is true and the other is false. I'm sorry, but that's just empty gnosticism. Maybe I'll try to watch it for longer than I did, but it seems hopeless if right out of the gate he's not arguing in good faith.

I think it’s really interesting that here, as everywhere else, the main conversation people have so readily latched on to is still the story that’s completely irrelevant. Who cares about “proof” on whether Covid was a result of a lab leak or not, when these dangerous labs are all over the place (35 in Ukraine too btw, for anyone else connecting multiple dots on multiple fronts), and when scientists of varying nationalities work together in them all of the time, and when it’s clear that this continuing track can lead to only one single outcome - and that’s that accidents and leaks will never be unavoidable forever, or indefinitely.

What should be the more pertinent and pressing main topic of discussion is more like, if these vaccines have been proven to be wholly ineffectual at keeping people from getting covid, and now that some insight into the vast numbers of vaccine injury victims has become more commonplace knowledge and is now accepted by coalitions of hundreds of thousands of doctors, including so many who have since come forward to say that they were coerced and that their jobs were threatened if they didn’t administer according to forced roll out - the question is more like, why is no one talking about the fact that the Covid Emergency is considered more or less over, and yet while governments are no longer enforcing blanket, unilateral vaccine mandates anymore, there are still commercials everywhere left right and center (in the US, for example) trying to still shill this garbage poison to whatever few poor souls might be left who are still so uninformed on this subject as to not be aware of any of these ongoing developments that have more and more come to light and into the public knowledge, over the last year in particular.

Whether Covid came as a result of a Chinese lab leak or not is really far down on my list of questions, compared to “who let big pharma lie even to the governments”, and “why are the pharma companies still allowed to advertise for people to keep coming for boosters”, when essentially the only people in most trouble and who are at most risk of sudden death, until now and also in years going forward, will remain those who have agreed to take the most covid vaccines possible.

Covid was never a respiratory illness and the vaccines, like Covid itself, induce catastrophic pulmonary and vascular events. Not to everyone, but to plenty of people. Covid was never going to be dangerous for over 99% of the population, while covid vaccine injury by comparison has been shocking and ongoing negative effects are not going to abate any time soon, for many people.

It’s all very sad, because there are a lot of people on earth who wouldn’t make the same decision again, if there was ever such thing as a do-over and if the universe gave them another chance to make a different decision now. There was a lot of pressure from all sides when all this nonsense started, and I feel sorry for people who now feel like they were lied to and bullied. Yet the nonsense and story go on.

We are going a bit off tangent now with covid history but
The vaccines were hugely important and saved millions of lives world wide

There is an argument that lockdowns applying to all , were too broad and that it should’ve only been applicable to those with underlying health issues / elderly , but as we seen , the NHS was flooded with younger people / those wouldn’t have necessarily thought would’ve been severely ill

Although again you could probably say the reason so many died in the U.K & US is general health / obesity levels which hampered the respiratory immune system so always going to be worst affected.

Going back to the point , Ian brown and van Morrison will be forever lumped in with covid sceptics / & will be good while )if ever) they get the press on their side & not dismissed as tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists

Both of them have been releasing music in last few years , largely ignored by the press, their live shows still sell though as they have their fanbase from the old days (which some will argue is how Morrissey can sell out tours with no record deal / management
Don't believe the hype that 'so many died' and that the vaccines saved 'millions'. As of today the UK reported total number of deaths following a positive covid test is 208, 458 since the start of the pandemic. Of those, about 2% were under the age of 44. You do the math. That is about 4,000 deaths under the age of 44. The average age of those who died was about 85. Every death is a tragedy but the idea that lockdowns were needed is a sick joke. And the consequences now in terms of heart patients and cancer patients and mental health are catastrophic. And that is before we consider the economic and financial consequences of the lockdown madness. The truth is that if life had just continued as normal during covid - barely no one would have noticed. For the vast majority of the population covid was basically harmless. You have to always remember that about 600, 000 people die in the UK every year any way - and most of them will be, yes you guessed it, about 85. Death is a tragedy, but it is also part of the human condition.
The fact that both Moz and Brown spoke out against the group think on covid make them both heroes in my book. Good on both of them. And Van Morrison. Those who have stayed quiet on the subject have dropped down in my estimation.

So I get off the (mask-free) plane from Stockholm to Athens, get in a taxi and the driver asks me to please put on a mask. So I give him an eye-roll and say “seriously?”

He goes “yes, for your safety!!!” … and then he drives at 160 km/h through central Athens :lbf:

:angry:

Show me a barrel and watch me scrape it.” Russell Brand sure is sinking deep into loud-mouthed conspiracy mania and zany outrage, and his aesthetics are getting more “hippy” than ever. Does he ever get around to addressing the science of the finding in this video? Because I couldn’t make it past his squeaky-voiced raccoon dog impersonation. I understand the marriage to Katy Perry now. They’re on roughly the same level of intellect.
He wouldn't deny he's playing it for comedy and entertainment as well. In his own original way, he's unearthed quite a few nuts and bolts.

He wouldn't deny he's playing it for comedy and entertainment as well. In his own original way, he's unearthed quite a few nuts and bolts.

Nuts and bolts, maybe, but nothing momentous. It's easy to be right when you're broadly against the insanity of lockdowns and mandates. Who knows what he really believes. Ian Brown's Twitter feed was far more witty and amusing during the pandemic, and I don't think Brown is even putting on an act. I think Ian Brown might sincerely believe that Bill Gates and the élites are trying to microchip the populace for sundry nefarious purposes. Give Russell Brand a few more years and he'll be talking about Reptilians, but the presentation will still be at the same level of annoying shock-jock shriek. It'll have all the integrity of a Tucker Carlson.

I really wish Bill Gates would do one, though. And Tony Blair, Klausy the Klauser and that whole awful lot.

I like Gavin de Becker and find his views worthy of some attention. Beyond getting the runaround from Chat GPT, I suppose this also shows standards keep moving, and that products can easily be either justified or condemned.

Gavin de Becker, bestselling author of “The Gift of Fear,” asked ChatGPT, the artificial intelligence chatbot that uses natural language processing to create humanlike conversational dialogue, to explain the significance of DNA particles from Simian Virus-40 that were found in Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines.

- https://stuartbramhall.substack.com/p/chatgpt-explains-dna-particles-in

Back
Top Bottom