Official YouTube "Introducing Morrissey" premiere - May 29, 2020

Skinny is a Nazi

I'm on that video, went to the Sheffield gig, great day on the lash and a great gig as well.
I was at Sheffield, then at Aston a few days later. Grand times! Maybe I helped you on the stage? Being 6'5 in the front rows I always ended up with a shoe in the face. Oh time, you fickle mistress...

I wish they'd post some rarer stuff most people haven't seen, instead of a video that's been out on DVD (and up on YouTube - albeit a poor quality rip) for a while.

Same goes for the concerts they posted the last couple weeks (though the Shoreline video was of higher quality than the upload of that show that had been previously available on YouTube).

coolest stage invader is the big guy at 38.30,walks by M pats him on the chest and walks away.
at the 40 minute mark is alain playing the guitar with his teeth.with the pubs being shut these concerts make it a little less shit.

I was at Sheffield, then at Aston a few days later. Grand times! Maybe I helped you on the stage? Being 6'5 in the front rows I always ended up with a shoe in the face. Oh time, you fickle mistress...

I probably needed help as a few of us had been out since 1 o'clock! It was probably the 2nd best gig Ive ever been to behind Festival of the 10th Summer gig at G Mex where The Fall,The Smiths and New Order as well of loads of others played!

the video that got everyone hot for speedway imho but he temporarily ruined the song when he let manzur sing the last bit.

but omg these were the days

coolest stage invader is the big guy at 38.30,walks by M pats him on the chest and walks away.
at the 40 minute mark is alain playing the guitar with his teeth.with the pubs being shut these concerts make it a little less shit.

I've invaded the stage so many times, and as a big guy I tell you it's not always received well. In 97 I stood in line in a snowstorm in Buffalo, everyone was waiting at the back before the show and I decided to camp another door. Sure enough, I caught him there and we had a 2 minute chat and photo.

During the encore later I got on stage and reached out, and then got tackled by four security guys and dragged out in a chokehold. They threw me out and I waited outside with the crowd after the show.

10 minutes later his Security chief came out and grabbed me by the arm and said they didnt want trouble. Morrissey came out immediately and ran into the bus.

Sometimes being nearly 7 ft tall will put the fear into anyone, including Moz. Anyway, that's my irrelevant story.

the video that got everyone hot for speedway imho but he temporarily ruined the song when he let manzur sing the last bit.

but omg these were the days
What he and Gustavo did to Speedway was unforgivable, I truly despised that.

I was at the Bradford show on this tour. I totally agree with you, I think this was him at the peak of his career. He looked and sounded stunning, the ban were incredible and I got speaking with Linder Sterling that night too.

Peak performance wise yes, But musically he peaked during the Bona Drag era.

I've always wanted to know what happened at the intro to Hold on to Your Friends (41:20) when he stops talking mid-sentence and falls on the floor. It looks like he injures himself but then carries on as normal afterwards.

I've invaded the stage so many times, and as a big guy I tell you it's not always received well. In 97 I stood in line in a snowstorm in Buffalo, everyone was waiting at the back before the show and I decided to camp another door. Sure enough, I caught him there and we had a 2 minute chat and photo.

During the encore later I got on stage and reached out, and then got tackled by four security guys and dragged out in a chokehold. They threw me out and I waited outside with the crowd after the show.

10 minutes later his Security chief came out and grabbed me by the arm and said they didnt want trouble. Morrissey came out immediately and ran into the bus.

Sometimes being nearly 7 ft tall will put the fear into anyone, including Moz. Anyway, that's my irrelevant story.
and a fine story it is,least you got a chat and a photo which will live long in the memory.

The good old days. Before the Morrissey of today. Bless. Even if the list of songs played are some of the worse in his back catalogue up to that point, if we are honest.

Last edited:
Who’s watching ?

Morrissey was so handsome & dressed so well at this time; & from the fleeting glimpses of the band, they all look very sharp.

Can never get used to seeing slim Boz; whenever I see him I catch myself wondering who he is.

What’s surprising about watching this gig is how static he’d already become on stage. When I saw him live in ‘91 & ‘92 he was a whirling dervish throwing himself all over the stage.

This is back when Morrissey used to actually sing, as well. He stopped sometime in the late-2000s.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom