In light of everything...

SweetnTenderYorkshireman

was the tour a success?

Before the tour, this forum was full of talk of horrendous sales, definite cancellations, the impact of coronavirus and poor set-lists.
Now, Moz did not sell out the venues, but in the grand scheme of things, with the years he has had, the comments he has made, the badges he has worn, was the tour a success?
I was at the Leeds gig, not knowing if it was going ahead until he walked on stage, and saw him perform a brilliant set, strong in voice and humour, playing songs i never expected “half a person” “at amber”. This seemed to be the case for the other two gigs, from fans and reluctant reviewers alike.
Paris is an unfortunate casualty outside of Morrisseys control, so we can’t say much about that one.

I think all things considered, people expected much worse, and I think it has shown there is still a place for him here.

was the tour a success?

Before the tour, this forum was full of talk of horrendous sales, definite cancellations, the impact of coronavirus and poor set-lists.
Now, Moz did not sell out the venues, but in the grand scheme of things, with the years he has had, the comments he has made, the badges he has worn, was the tour a success?
I was at the Leeds gig, not knowing if it was going ahead until he walked on stage, and saw him perform a brilliant set, strong in voice and humour, playing songs i never expected “half a person” “at amber”. This seemed to be the case for the other two gigs, from fans and reluctant reviewers alike.
Paris is an unfortunate casualty outside of Morrisseys control, so we can’t say much about that one.

I think all things considered, people expected much worse, and I think it has shown there is still a place for him here.

To a half-full venue?

To a half-full venue?

I did make mention of the ticket sales, that’s a negative I do acknowledge. However many here expected cancellations, which did not occur and poor atmosphere, which did not occur.
In future Morrissey should opt for smaller venues, halls and theatres, not just because he has lost some selling power, but because that’s the environment he performs best in in my opinion.
however, half full or not, the gigs went ahead, and were great.

To a half-full venue?

We are in the midst of a Global Pandemic. Just the fact that the show went on is to be considered a success!!!! Even moreso the fact that The Moz, at his age, wasn't afraid to be in the presence of a large crowd and showed up in the first place.

it was sold out ignore Skinny even those who stayed home for fear of catching the flu bought tickets:rock:

Back
Top Bottom