I read it in The News of the World...........

B

Buck toothed girl

so it must be true! (or maybe not). The following is printed in the Rav column in today's paper:

' Charming man Morrissey is over the moon after signing a £5 million deal with Sanctuary Records. An insider told me: They've bought his back catalogue of songs which they will re-release'

Who knows, there may be something in it. Also, did anyone notice that they played Heaven knows I'm miserable now on the juke box in the Queen Vic in Thursday's Eastenders, shortly before Phil Mitchell announced that the cocktail he was drinking was called 'Jack the Zipper'. A Moz fan in the cast, perhaps?

> so it must be true! (or maybe not). The following is printed in the Rav
> column in today's paper:

> ' Charming man Morrissey is over the moon after signing a £5 million deal
> with Sanctuary Records. An insider told me: They've bought his back
> catalogue of songs which they will re-release'

assuming what you read isn't made up...

that's a head scratcher

considering how many times his back catalogue has already been re-released, what money would sanctuary hope to get from it?

Viva Hate has been re-released twice, his singles as box sets, and there have also been "best ofs" and collections of b-sides.

secondly, i don't think they wouldn't pay morrissey for that collection unless there is some songwriting stuff involved with that i don't know about. they would pay mercury and warner brothers as they own the rights to it.

> so it must be true! (or maybe not). The following is printed in the Rav
> column in today's paper:

> ' Charming man Morrissey is over the moon after signing a £5 million deal
> with Sanctuary Records. An insider told me: They've bought his back
> catalogue of songs which they will re-release'

> Who knows, there may be something in it. Also, did anyone notice that they
> played Heaven knows I'm miserable now on the juke box in the Queen Vic in
> Thursday's Eastenders, shortly before Phil Mitchell announced that the
> cocktail he was drinking was called 'Jack the Zipper'. A Moz fan in the
> cast, perhaps?

eastenders writers are big fans of morrissey's. they are always playing smiths songs in the queen vic, as well as putting lyrics into the dialogue. a while back, there was even a bed shop run by a dagenham dave!

as for this news of the world piece... please god let it have at least some truth to it!!

Back
Top Bottom