I know this has probably been asked before..

G

girlafraid33

but I'm fairly new here, so please indulge me.

I saw an auction on EBay where this woman is selling some letters that she received from Morrissey! It looked a bit like his handwriting, however since I have no autographs myself, I can't tell. The link is not working right now, but for anyone that wants to look at these, type in "Morrissey letters" in the search option.

This reminded me of several people on various websites who have claimed that they have written Morrissey and have received responses.

Has anyone here written Morrissey and received a response, or several responses?

It seems unreal to me at this point in his career that this would actually happen, but I can sort of picture it back in the early days.

> They look genuine to me.

> Sk.

They do to me too, but I went ahead and asked the woman about them anyway..I think she was a bit irritated that I questioned her about them, but it's easy to get ripped off these days!

Those look like treasures. I wonder why she would sell them if Morrissey still means anything to her.

It sounds bad, but she should wait until he passes on, then they would be worth quite a bit, I think.

a friend of mine wrote to him in about 1984 and he sent back a postcard that simply read.....

'isn't it funny how bees like honey'

and that's as much as i can add.

Re: a friend of mine wrote to him in about 1984 and he sent back a postcard that simply read.....

> 'isn't it funny how bees like honey'

> and that's as much as i can add.

Aww, that's kind of cute! It's a lot better than nothing or "return to sender"

> Those look like treasures. I wonder why she would sell them if Morrissey
> still means anything to her.

> It sounds bad, but she should wait until he passes on, then they would be
> worth quite a bit, I think.

She didn't say exactly why. The bidding is not high, so I assume it's not just for financial reasons(although the last time I checked the reserve had not been met. It may be quite high).

I know, it does sound kind of bad, but I was thinking the same thing. I could never sell them, mind you, unless I was very financially strapped, I knew I could get loads of money, and I needed it for a friend's or family member's operation or something!

They look genuine to me as well. I use to have a couple myself before the fire.

Ugg how did I overlook grabbing that box when we got evacuated? I've kicked myself since then.

Mine were much shorter but the handwriting looks correct and the general wording does as well.

Her ebay listing says she’s selling them due to ‘lack of space’. How much space do you need to store a letter and a couple of envelopes?! Nothing in the world could make me part with such treasures.