How old is your oldest toy?

T

Teddy

I have a teddy bear that is 45 years old.
He used to sort of growl when you turned him over, obviously no longer but he is still the same ted from all those years ago.

He visited the dolls hospital on one or two occasions when his leg or arm fell off but he's still here after all these years.

Anyone have a childhood toy over 45?

He's on the pllow next to me everynight, hes been there for all this time, probably seen more than I have.

What a guy, what a ted.

Some marbles (circa 1880) and a wooden train from the '40's.

The marbles were given to my great-grandfather by some relation or other.

And before you ask, yes, I most certainly have lost all of mine.

I would still rather have a "teddy" though... the marbles and train hurt rolling over upon them during the night.

Re: Some marbles (circa 1880) and a wooden train from the '40's.

> The marbles were given to my great-grandfather by some relation or other.

> And before you ask, yes, I most certainly have lost all of mine.

> I would still rather have a "teddy" though... the marbles and
> train hurt rolling over upon them during the night.

Well I may be sick, but I dont resort to rolling over Ted in the night, not now anyway, maybe in years past. That may account for the state he's in now.
I could tell you tales about Ted, but I wont, for fear of him hearing.

well the marbles and train dont count as they weren't bought for you.
I know you have most certainly lost more than were ever bought Cod, this is why I like you.

However, I'm talking about REAL toys chosen by you.

I chose this particular Ted on my 1st birthday and nothing else would do.

That is why he is so special, he's been hanging around in wardrobes for 45 years and never ever complained to the authorities.

I remember marbles as a child, and boys were obviously so more much into trains than girls although grown men convert their attic to accommodate rail tracks I do believe.

Nowt like the old steam engine, my dad worked on them in days of yore when they ran on nothing more than coke in the engine...

And I don't mean the stuff some stick up their nose.
Teddy (The immortal one) was bought for my Birthday on my 1st birthday that is why I know exactly how old he is. By all accounts, he is the only toy I wanted in the shop, I know now why

Re: You are taking the Michael but I don't mind.

I'm off to have my head secured into an iron hat.
I believe its hilarious, if you can take notice of the inmates.

Anyway if you don't hear from me for a day or two, Teddy will keep you informed of the progress. He's the one wearing a hat without electrodes attached, just ear muffs.

Have a good night for now, until I advise otherwise.

Cod, I know appalling grammar and syntax but it is 4 or in the morning. Forgive me and my head.

Re: Some marbles (circa 1880) and a wooden train from the '40's.

> Well I may be sick, but I dont resort to rolling over Ted in the night,
> not now anyway, maybe in years past. That may account for the state he's
> in now.
> I could tell you tales about Ted, but I wont, for fear of him hearing.

> well the marbles and train dont count as they weren't bought for you.
> I know you have most certainly lost more than were ever bought Cod, this
> is why I like you.

> However, I'm talking about REAL toys chosen by you.

Unfortunately, my Mother had given ALL of my toys to charity -- many of which would be worth $$$ today, given that they were in pristine condition as were the original boxes/packing I, obsessive/compulsive even then, had doubtless retained. The only possible exception may have been my beloved teddy bear which, most certainly, was discarded or given away by my wicked step-mother like the rest of my property she secured along with my father's estate.

I shot the stepmother, lost the estate but got to keep Teddy who's worth more than the lot of em.

Polite way of saying taking the Mickey even more polite than taking the piss.

I'm afraid I know nothing of taking the Mickey... know all about slipping 'em though