Harry Hill has been asked to scrap Smiths medley from his album

Kewpie

Subscriber
http://www.nme.com/news/the-smiths/53283

Harry Hill has been asked to remove his medley of songs by The Smiths from forthcoming album 'Funny Times'.

The track was originally due to feature Hill covering the likes of 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now', 'Girlfriend In A Coma' and 'Panic'.

However, the comedian's spokesperson has now confirmed that Johnny Marr's representatives have been in touch and asked Hill not to include the songs.

'Funny Times' is due to be released on November 8. It also features ABC's Martin Fry on a cover of Burt Bacharach and Hal David's 'This Guy's In Love With You'.

Re: Harry Hill forced to scrap Smiths medley from his album

I'm confused.
Was he asked or forced?

I hope Morrissey and Marr do finally join together again and f*** each other in their miserable grumpy arseholes.

Harry Hill is King!

...So, why don't we start helping Harry out with some song titles he could actually use???

Stouffer little Children.

Theres only one way to find out..( FIGHT!!!) when the light never goes out.

I started knitting a puppet that I couldn't finish.....

Can't really see why Marr would object to this - how sour and out of character. Harry Hill is obviously a big Smiths fan just trying to have a laugh, is it that offensive?

Can't really see why Marr would object to this - how sour and out of character. Harry Hill is obviously a big Smiths fan just trying to have a laugh, is it that offensive?

It was also Marr, not Morrissey, who objected to How Soon Is Independence. I thought it was bloody brilliant.

P.

I'm a big fan of Harry, but that sounds truly awful - I bet it took all of 10 minutes to conceive, rehearse and record - no talent, no imagination, no humour.

I know he's a big Smiths fan, but, come on Harry you can do better than that.

Given Johnny's lecture on 'building your own ark' I can see why he's trying to protect his bit of it by asking Harry not to release it.

Dave

I really don't see the problem with this. Johnny should join the cast of Grumpy Old Men.

It was also Marr, not Morrissey, who objected to How Soon Is Independence. I thought it was bloody brilliant.

P.

I've never heard of How Soon Is Independence, what is/was it?

Well doesn't Marr cite one of his reasons for leaving The Smiths being the recording of a Cilla Black song? He's not above being a bit precious sometimes.

I really don't understand this, as it was Marr who also let Ronson do a terrible cover of a Smiths songs, which became "Stop Me" and he beat the living shit out of that song too!

Much like the final days of The Beatles, we'll never really know the full and true story of why The Smiths ended.

Though I suspect Marr just thought... f*** it, I'm off.

Back
Top Bottom