Got winamp on your computer? Hang a d.j. and listen...

M

Melinda

It doesn't matter that commercial radio is utter sh1te and hardly ever plays Morrissey or the Smiths. I'm doing my part to combat the way "the radio is in the hands of such a lot of fools trying to anesthetize the way that you feel."

Do your mind a favour and listen to my music show "Tizer and Trash" from 9-11 pm Pacific Standard Time on Thursdays at 88.3 fm KUCR Riverside. It's college radio, baybee!

I've planned a special show for Thursday, Dec. 30. I will be playing Sack along with an interview with the singer, some of my fave Britpop releases of 1999, and as always, lots of Smiths/Morrissey gems.

Even if you don't live within the Inland Empire of southern California, you can still hear lots of great Smiths/Morrissey chestnuts and related rarities on my show because the station also webcasts. Go to the winamp application and open the location

KUCR.org:8000

to hear a bitstream of what's being currently broadcast.

You may e-mail requests to me, and I'll do my best to fulfill them. However, I don't think I can squeeze in any more for this week's show. It doesn't hurt to send requests in for the following week, though.

Also tune in earlier to catch Darkwave with Lydia Deetz alternating each week with the best in punk/post-punk, DIY, and indie with Tina Bold 7-9 pm on Thursdays. This week Tina will d.j. She's taking an e-mail poll of the bands that have most influenced our listeners and will be playing the results on Dec. 30.

radio, radio

Back
Top Bottom