Friday Mourning and other b-side tabs?

D

DesperateDancer

I was wondering if anyone has tabbed Friday Mourning or any of the other b-sides from YATQ (since I'm rubbish at tabbing)?

The thing about Friday Mourning is that it is mostly keyboard/piano. Were you looking for a tab that 'imitated' the keyboards?

Well, I'll try, lol, but I can't make any, uh, promises. I've never tried to do anything like that!

> I was wondering if anyone has tabbed Friday Mourning or any of the other
> b-sides from YATQ (since I'm rubbish at tabbing)?

I've done:

Friday Mourning
Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye
Teenage Dad On His Estate

I'll dig them out later. From memory, My Life...is very tricky because it's played with Capo on 4th fret and thers a couple of odd chords.

Sk.

Skinny, I know this might be a retarded question, but do you use a capo on the fourth fret on "Suedehead" too?

> Skinny, I know this might be a retarded question, but do you use a capo on
> the fourth fret on "Suedehead" too?

You know, I never tried - I'll give it a go later. A lot of Smiths/Moz songs are capoed on the second fret because it suits Moz's voice. If you listen to some of the Troy Tate material you can hear him strain on a lot of the songs - later the band found the correct pitch. Some songs, such as Bigmouth are capoed on the fourth, and although it was originally done on an Autoharp, you can get a really good approximation to I Won't Share You by capo-ing on the 5th and then playing G, Am, C, D7.

Sk.

Re: I play Suedehead with the capo on the 2nd fret...

With regular tuning? On the 2nd fret? That's interesting. To me, though, it doesn't sound quite as dead-on as no capo or 4th fret. Thanks for sharing, anyway, Abrahan.

Suedehead Capoed on the 2nd Fret, regular tuning.

RIFF 2 can be played as the C Chord.

INTRO

(Repeatedly)
|-----5----------7-7-7----------10-10-10-------------------------------------------|
|-----6----------------8-8-8-10----------10-10-10----10-8----------------------8-8-|
|-----5---------------------------------------------------10-10--7-10-10-10-10-----|
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|----7-7-7----------10-10-10-------------------------------------------------------|
|----------8-8-8-10----------10-10-10--10-8---------------8-8-h10-10---------------|
|-------------------------------------------10-10-7-10-10--------------------------|

RIFF1

|----2--2--2--3--3--3--2--2--2--0--0--0--0-----------------------------------------|
|----3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3--3-----------------------------------------|
|----2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2--2-----------------------------------------|

RIFF2

|------0-----0-----0-----0-----0---0----0-----0-----0-----0-----0------------------|
|--------1-----1-----1-----1-----1--------1-----1-----1-----1----------------------|
|----0-----0-----0-----0-----0--------0-----0-----0-----0-----0---0----------------|

RIFF3

|-----0----0----0----0----0----0---------------------------------------------------|
|-----5----3----5----3----5----3---------------------------------------------------|
|-----5----5----5----5----5----5---------------------------------------------------|
|-----5----5----5----5----5----5---------------------------------------------------|

RIFF4

|-------1-----1------S-------5-----5-----5-----------------------------------------|
|---------1-----1-----L--------5-----5---------------------------------------------|
|-----2-----2-----2-2--I---------5-----5-------------------------------------------|
|-----------------------D----------------------------------------------------------|
|------------------------E---------------------------------------------------------|

Right, Thats that out of the way, lets get on with the song !

After intro and during RIFF 1:

RIFF 2 RIFF 1 RIFF 2
WHY DO YOU COME HERE? AND WHY , WHY DO YOU HANG AROUND

Em D C D Em D RIFF 3
I'M SO SORRY I'M SO SO-HO-HO-HO-HO-HO

G Am RIFF 4 G
WHY DO YOU COME HERE, WHEN YOU KNOW IT MAKES THINGS HARD FOR ME, WHEN YOU KNOW,

Am RIFF 4
OH WHY DO YOU COME ?

If you listen to the song you will get it to fit in fairly easily.

Fade out with..........

G Am RIFF 4
IT WAS A BIT LATE, BIT LATE, IT WAS A BIT LATE, BIT LATE..................

Thanks for posting that! Really nice.

(Though I think it's "it was a good lay, a good lay," LOL. I've seen that tab before too, but it's been awhile.)

a good lay...

yeah, that was an OLD tab... the first I ever learned...

Re: a good lay...

> yeah, that was an OLD tab... the first I ever learned...

Believe it or not, Abrahan, me too! Thanks, Stephen Street! (Poor ole Vini, lol, it's the only song he didn't write... NOT)

Back
Top Bottom