Fame, would it be nice and why?

mauve21

Long time participant
Mmm, the question begs? Apart from obvious advantage
of having lots of money, would it be nice or not so nice?
What do you people think?
Please say something....
Please elaborate.........

"Men of good fortune often cause empires to fall, while
men of poor beginnings often can't do anything at all..."
Lou Reed Berlin album

Mmm, the question begs? Apart from obvious advantage
of having lots of money, would it be nice or not so nice?
What do you people think?
Please say something....
Please elaborate.........

"Men of good fortune often cause empires to fall, while
men of poor beginnings often can't do anything at all..."
Lou Reed Berlin album

I'd rather be rich than famous :p. I couldn't handle the privacy intrusion that comes part and parcel of fame - being snapped on your way to the supermarket, having all your problems magnifed on a grand scale and then being criticised by a million people for your every move, and so on. I also think fame carries a lot of pressure - pressure mainly to please the industry that's making you famous, but also to please the public, say the right things, date the right people, look the right way. Anyone who doesn't fit the mould is immediately subject to suspicion and I couldn't live my life like that.

Not that I will ever have to worry about being famous :lbf:

I'd only want to be rich and famous if I'd earned it by being creative and doing something I love, and doing it well. I don't really feel or respond to pressure to 'fit in' in everyday life, so that aspect wouldn't be a problem for me, but I'm very shy and private so I'd probably find the public aspect of it quite difficult.

I'd only want to be rich and famous if I'd earned it by being creative and doing something I love, and doing it well. I don't really feel or respond to pressure to 'fit in' in everyday life, so that aspect wouldn't be a problem for me, but I'm very shy and private so I'd probably find the public aspect of it quite difficult.

Yes, the pressure of fame to conform to the image continually that the public
love you for.....
The fact that when you change, and everyone does, the media are
ready to slag you off for it.
The fact that when you're successful it is fleeting and that when you're not
successful everyone will laugh and point.
Your private life will be observed without your permission.
Your public outings may be photographed when you're not looking your best.
Your outings may be hindered by people fawning and asking for your autograph, you may not be in the mood to give them it readily. Hence you may be rude and unreasonable and then your career may fall into a heap.....

I feel a bit sorry for Morrissey with his fame, because I don't believe he is a natural star......

Fame doesn't equate talent, wealth doesn't equate hard-work, Personality doesn't equate popularity, Charisma doesn't equate audience - in the fickle world we live in, to be famous doesn't really mean a lot. So many 'famous' people are talentless, and I would so rather be ascribed talent than fame.

I'd only want to be rich and famous if I'd earned it by being creative and doing something I love, and doing it well.

I have no standards, so I'd be quite happy being rich and uncreative; I'd even do something I hated badly if it would make me rich.

I don't care about fame, only money.

There's loads of famous people who aren't rich though...Many are in debt up to their eyeballs, but remain smiling. Being a B list celeb would be nice because people wouldn't know you globally and you could go and buy some toilet roll without some tom, dick and harry pestering you to take a snap at you! The question we need to ask, why are the paparazzi allowed to have their jobs? Isn't it just a form of stalking which is legalised?

Try being famous and nobody knowing. Works fine for me.:thumb:

:lbf:

Is this because your genius has yet to be discovered......or.....you hide it well......or.......

Could it be that Baba is really Gaga! :eek:

:mad: You're mighty lucky I have to go out and meet Lady Pizza, you. Mighty lucky.

:mad: You're mighty lucky I have to go out and meet Lady Pizza, you. Mighty lucky.

Ooops! I meant you are discrete and don't brag about your greatness, and go attention-seeking like some noisy pups, honest. :o

PS got any pizza left over?

Ooops! I meant you are discrete and don't brag about your greatness, and go attention-seeking like some noisy pups, honest. :o

PS got any pizza left over?

Why, sure, hon. Help yourself:

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom