"Everyday Is Like Sunday" from "Morrissey 25: Live" video - NME.com

I love Moz scat. :D

(I'm relieved the camera doesn't reach where I stood kinda prominently. Whew!)

I hate to say it, but the band sound leaden, slow and dead, and the audience look similarly comatose. Hope the rest of the footage is better than this. :(

Sorry but the sound mix is awful on that! That band in particular is just one loud, indistinguishable noise.

Not a patch on the axed Hollywood Bowl filming.

Where's the tempo?!? My biggest gripe about Moz's recent live band is that they slow the songs down so much as to make them all plodding and boring. There is a Light on the Earl's Court release is essentially unlistenable for the same reason. Pick up the speed, boys!

I agree. Band sounds like they are playing a pre-school recital - utterly painful! Morrissey, on the other hand, sounds in good form.

I could go on asking the question why Morrissey performs with this band (and writes new material with the members), but I believe at this point I would just be beating a dead horse!

Ah, what could have been? What could have been....

No posts. 8 posts. 18 posts. All the same opinion. Thank you for your input, have a lovely day.

How can anyone watch this and say it's a splendid performance?

Morrissey, for the love of God, get your shit together. This will not do.

How can anyone watch this and say it's a splendid performance?

Morrissey, for the love of God, get your shit together.
This will not do.

Look, I agree that this rendition is slightly in power ballad territory compared to the gorgeous 2004 Move Festival performance, for instance.
But, I still think Morrissey's voice is incredible.

Cringe* I wanted that to be good so much. The band are funeral march slow, the crowd can't be blamed. It needs a bit of oomph and speed. Morrissey decides to talk and then decides that he is the Russian la la la guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUF6EF-WgvU

Does everyone just want him to go out and lip sync to the studio version? :squiffy: Maybe he's feeling hesitant so it's slow...the band knows what they're doing. ffs.

This is a slow, sad performance by the band. There really is no life or energy to them, as they plod through the show.

It would be nice for the old days when Boz, Alain, Gary, and Spencer rocked out!

Does everyone just want him to go out and lip sync to the studio version? :squiffy: Maybe he's feeling hesitant so it's slow...the band knows what they're doing. ffs.

One of the reasons Moz hates this place so vehemently is that the majority on this forum criticize the band, no smoke without fire I'm afraid.

How to get the audience eating out of the palm of your hand.

Indeed. :)
He looked happy back then, pleased to be on stage, singing in front of his bread and butter fans in Manchester.
Unfortunately the clip at the top of this page does not compare favourably.
The passing of time, and all of its sickening crimes...

One of the reasons Moz hates this place so vehemently is that the majority on this forum criticize the band, no smoke without fire I'm afraid.

His Mozjesty should lose the Diva tude. This video sucks, his band sucks and he hasn't written a decent song in almost a decade. He has two options: get his shit together or retire.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom