Eric McDavid

xGibsonx

Hi, dunno if there's been any threads/discussion on this, but I guess with all the apparent support for animal rights & Morrissey on this site then this would be a good topic to raise.

Eric McDavid is a political prisoner and animal rights & evironmental activist who is being imprisoned in the United States over what is in essence, a "thought crime". Eric was sentenced to 20 years for allegedly being part of a conspiracy to blow up the Nimbus Dam in Sacramento, California. The sole basis for Eric's conviction was the testimony and undercover work of an FBI informant known as "Anna", who it turned out had formulated the whole Nimbus Dam plot and used Eric along with two others to implicate and entrap them as part of the United State government's Green Scare campaign.

No actions were ever undertaken by Eric or his two friends, Zachary Jenson & Lauren Weiner (both who rolled on Eric for lenient sentences under heavy pressure from the FBI). Despite having no prior criminal record, no history of violence, formulating none of the plot, and being held on a trumped up 'conspiracy to damage Government property' charge Eric was sentenced to 20 years, been denied bail twice, was denied vegan food twice in prison until his second hunger strike and the 2 years before his trial were spent in total solitary confinement.

Eric McDavid's trial was riddled with blunders and misinformation, and after fighting the conviction, basing his case on entrapment by "Anna", two of the jurors submitted declarations saying they believed Eric deserved a new trial. However these have been ignored by the United States government and they keep him imprisoned without any actual crime being committed. Eric is currently serving the longest sentence ever handed out to an environmental activist in the US and seemingly the United States government will not budge on this and give Eric the right to a fair trial.

To learn more about Eric's cause please visit www.supporteric.org

Just wondering what everyone's views on this situation are.

Yeah, this is all part of the green scare and is fairly obviously a case of entrapment. :( Solidarity with Eric!
We had a big victory in the UK recently when Sean Kirtley was had his conviction overturned. :)

Zachary Jenson & Lauren Weiner = snitch scum
got it, its good to know these things :straightface:
yes, yes, I understand the government is the real evil, but really, whenever I hear people rolling on their comrades for more lenient sentences my blood does starts to boil :mad:
as for this Eric McDavid they helped send to prison, I hope he learns to lie and act like he is all reformed asap
that really is the only way out of a fed pen
open defiance will just mean he stays there longer
if he goes that right, more power to him, but its long, long road, especially with as few friends as he appears to have :o

Back
Top Bottom