dynamic compression Morrissey remasters - which are the most authentic in terms on sound quality

dialacliche

Hi, I'm new to the forums, but I thought this be the place to vent my frustration.

Right,

I have collated everything Morrissey has done including old and new remasters, but I am after the definitve masters - for instance the original Bowie RCA cds in the 80's are highly regarded compared to the brick wall masters of the ever increasing cd releases.

My point then is are there any real audiophobes out there who could really put the record straight on what really are the best Morrissey masters - which have no dynamic range? which masters were worthwhile? Were some masters made louder for the better, or just made loud. For instance, some loud remasters sound more than just loud i.e the dums have a bit more punch.

This is a bit waffley, but I want to be clear on what are the right Morrissey masters to have digitally. Basically for those who don't know what I'm on about, recent loud masters are shunned by audio enthusasists - but I swear some of the versions on morrissey's recent very best off compilation do sound better as well - as being loud.

I repeat, This post will make sense to audio phobes

One particlular exacmple was comparing the quarry reissue with the bsides to the swords compilation - the fatiguiing loudness on swords is awful! (ableit sounding trendy and comtemporary)

Tags
dynamic range loudness war remaster
Back
Top Bottom