Dog on a Chain review in Record Collector - 2/5

For reasons best known to themselves, Record Collector got the world's #1 Morrissey-hating journalist to review the new album. David Quantocks, who I believe was even once sued by Morrissey and forced to write a grovelling apology, gives it 2/5. In all fairness, he does quote an appalling lyric about geese and a niece which I'm hoping he mis-heard or made up. Haven't bought the mag so can't scan and attach.

Scan provided by Famous when dead in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
20200229_000221.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

David Quantick has previous with Morrissey. So ignore the review.

"Music magazine The Word was today forced to apologise to former Smiths frontman Morrissey in the high court over an album review that he claimed depicted him as a racist and a hypocrite.

After the Word apologised in open court, Morrissey vowed to continue his libel battle with the NME, which erupted last December when the singer's comments on immigration were splashed on the front cover.

The Word piece, which was written by David Quantick and appeared in the March 2008 edition of the music monthly, was a damning review of the singer's latest greatest hits album that said Morrissey, as a child of immigrant parents, "should know better than to attack immigration"."

Besides, looks like Quantick has give the album 2 stars out of 2, so, f*** you Quantick! :p

David Quantick has previous with Morrissey. So ignore the review.

"Music magazine The Word was today forced to apologise to former Smiths frontman Morrissey in the high court over an album review that he claimed depicted him as a racist and a hypocrite.

After the Word apologised in open court, Morrissey vowed to continue his libel battle with the NME, which erupted last December when the singer's comments on immigration were splashed on the front cover.

The Word piece, which was written by David Quantick and appeared in the March 2008 edition of the music monthly, was a damning review of the singer's latest greatest hits album that said Morrissey, as a child of immigrant parents, "should know better than to attack immigration"."

"should know better than to attack immigration"." .......Because obviously ALL immigration is wonderful. Twat.

Hard to take this review seriously given who the reviewer is.

The new album may well be shit, but even if it was great, this guy would never admit it.

Canada goose is corny cause they said they were for Birds but then tried to get politically finicky.
Trust me folks, both the left and right political types murder birds.
Both the left and the right political types murder Turkeys for Stanksgivin' too.
Canada goose ain't Friends Of The Feather.
They ain't nothin' but fair weather friends.

Holy shit. Anyone can write a review these days. Are they intended for people with Attention Deficit Disorder? You could write that review while waiting for the laptop to boot up so you can write a review. Obviously written by a hater. Pointless. Get an honest fan to write it. Only fans are interested in the album anyway. I'd much prefer a zero star review from a genuine fan than this middle of the road bullshit post-it review from a bullshitter. Remember the days when critics did their jobs, listened properly, did their research, and wrote insighful reviews that took longer than 10 seconds to read? Fuk the critics if this is all they are capable of. I'd be fired if I was that lazy.

Dave was vile about Moz on Twitter. Pretty pathetic to carry it over into a review.

I wish Record Collector would have gotten a music journalist to review it.

"should know better than to attack immigration"." .......Because obviously ALL immigration is wonderful. Twat.

Putting that aside, does it never occur to them that being the child of immigrants might have given him issues with cultural identity & belonging?

I suspect he's not really upset because he thinks they're calling him a racist, I think he's suspicious that they're being racist. And don't think he should hold a Union Jack or comment on Britain because he's Irish.

Eric Clapton's comments were absolutely disgusting & no one cares anymore. Bowie goes through a fascist phase, tumbleweed. I wouldn't blame him for feeling targeted.

Putting that aside, does it never occur to them that being the child of immigrants might have given him issues with cultural identity & belonging?

I suspect he's not really upset because he thinks they're calling him a racist, I think he's suspicious that they're being racist. And don't think he should hold a Union Jack or comment on Britain because he's Irish.

Eric Clapton's comments were absolutely disgusting & no one cares anymore. Bowie goes through a fascist phase, tumbleweed. I wouldn't blame him for feeling targeted.
One of the reasons people hate Moz is because he and his music reminds them how stupid they are. They don't 'get' his music because their boring bubonic brains can only handle vacuous simplistic rubbish force fed to them by chattering monkey DJs.

For me Knockabout World it would have been a better single, it's a catchy pop song, although my favorite til now is Bobby...

IANADOAC.jpg

Sorry for my bad english, I'm Korean...

Well.....he's pretty contrary on nationality and ere........"cultural identity". One minute he's like a British bulldog......the next he's saying we should give back the Falkland Islands.

David Quantocks
Supposed Journalist Music Reviewer
⭐
David's reviews are brief and very boring. He is very unprofessional and tries to bury the hatchet for the lovers that have scorned him. Once a Morrissey devotee that thought he would get the better of his formal idol in a horrible piece in "The Word" magazine, he was crushed in court by his idol. Now he lives out his day making 2 pence an hour writing crap reviews for magazines. Another mediocre review from one of the worst in the industry. Sail on David sail on my friend.....

For me Knockabout World it would have been a better single, it's a catchy pop song, although my favorite til now is Bobby...

IANADOAC.jpg

Sorry for my bad english, I'm Korean...
Don’t worry about it pet... it’s better than mine!!

Liking all the people who cheered the other reviews not liking this one. You know, when you want the buying public to part with their money for something, you put it out there and some people like it, and some people don't. And now you're crying over it. Well boo hoo. Stop being vicariously upset about something you HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD YET.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom