Does the Mexican-American Community Still Love Morrissey, Despite Everything? - Pitchfork

Does the Mexican-American Community Still Love Morrissey, Despite Everything? - Pitchfork
by Ludwig Hurtado

Excerpt:

This past weekend, thousands of Latinx folks gathered at Queen Mary Park in Long Beach, California, for the second annual Tropicália Music and Taco Festival. Likened to a Latinx Coachella by some attendees, Tropicália was put on this year by that California mega-fest’s own promoter, Goldenvoice, but did not abandon its original spirit. The lineup featured cumbia legends like Los Ángeles Azules and La Sonora Dinamita right alongside newly beloved bilingual favorites Chicano Batman, Kali Uchis, and Cardi B (who was replaced by SZA at the last minute, due to illness). Peppered in were indie-rock darlings like Mac DeMarco, Toro y Moi, and Mazzy Star.

And then there was Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are these Folks supposed to explain themselves to Pissfork for?
Pissfork thinks it has authority over Artists because they made some soggy webpage.

20181107_204959.jpg
20181107_205014.jpg

Jesse's response to the above article.
Regards,
FWD.

its a wonder the author nerver started the article with PITCHFORKS AT THE READY,when he coudnt find anyone in the crowd to slag off M he found some dj who couldn't wait to get stuck in.poor piece.

The few articles/reviews shared on the Tropicalia gig thread are pretty positive.
I can understand Jesse's ire.
Especially when nothing new or provocative is doing the rounds via the media so they attach old issues to a successful event.
Tedious behaviour - regardless of your personal view of his alleged politics.
Regards,
FWD.

Retweeted by the author:

seems they do, because of everything else there is, in abundance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swing heavily to the left, am critical of Morrissey (and many others) and even I disliked the whingey tone of this article.

I reckon this Mexican LA bull ox poppy cock is giving it the piss mate inn nn nnn n n n it. Reckon there has always been a lot of non-Mexican fans at Uncle Steve concerts in California that are white, rich, privileged, run basketball at the Venice Beach courts, and live in Malibu just like Uncle Steve. Reckon "home is a ?" is not on the set list because like the California Son said in Mexican "I am home!". Good on ya California Son mate.

Their title is a little misleading as I assume they’re actually talking about Mexican-Americans in the Southwest. We have a large Mexican-American community in my area of the Great Lakes and anyone I’ve ever asked has not expressed adoration but instead wondered who the hell I was talking about. Moz love was not something these famalies brought with them when they moved northeast. Just an observation. I am interested in reading the sociological study they link to in the article though. Looks fascinating.

I reckon this Mexican LA bull ox poppy cock is giving it the piss mate inn nn nnn n n n it. Reckon there has always been a lot of non-Mexican fans at Uncle Steve concerts in California that are white, rich, privileged, run basketball at the Venice Beach courts, and live in Malibu just like Uncle Steve. Reckon "home is a ?" is not on the set list because like the California Son said in Mexican "I am home!". Good on ya California Son mate.

Last edited:
If they don't hate him it's because they don't read the UK news, where Moz has called Farage a liberal educator, supported right-wing parties, sneered at brown people in the public eye, and called Hitler left-wing. Morrissey is an uninformed, racist embarrassment, and he only tours where he can make money from people who haven't heard his bullshit pronouncements.

You have not read the article then, because they do know his recent comments but love him still because he’s an artist and they love his music.

But probably that’s too complicated a concept for a brainless idiot to comprehend.

You have not read the article then, because they do know his recent comments but love him still because he’s an artist and they love his music.

But probably that’s too complicated a concept for a brainless idiot to comprehend.
There are only a few paragraphs on that topic.. so it's easy to miss.

If they don't hate him it's because they don't read the UK news, where Moz has called Farage a liberal educator, supported right-wing parties, sneered at brown people in the public eye, and called Hitler left-wing. Morrissey is an uninformed, racist embarrassment, and he only tours where he can make money from people who haven't heard his bullshit pronouncements.

Só f***ing what, uncle skinny?

SO f***ING WHAT!!!

I suspect who you are. Your existence is dead pan sad.

You call Morrissey things he is not but still you are always releasing the gaseous fart-like ddiatribes against Moz here. A dedicated site.

Your life must suck so much...

SO f***ING WHAT!!!

You call Morrissey things he is not but still you are always releasing the gaseous fart-like diatribes against Moz here. A dedicated site.

SO f***ING WHAT!!!

You call Morrissey things he is not but still you are always releasing the gaseous fart-like diatribes against Moz here. A dedicated site.

What KingKongLeer said ^.

... so says Skinny who makes constant reference to "brown people" in his posts.

Fek chipper curry thick c*** mate. Again, no one in Moz Angeles or the rest Morrisseyfornnia gives a shit about how much he hates the uk. We all know the California Son hates everyone that is not from LA like him. All of us could not even point out where the uk is on a "globe". Reckon no one cares about the uk in Moz Angeles inn n nn nnn n n din't.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom