Do Latinx Fans Still Love Morrissey (And Will They Show Up At Hollywood Bowl This Weekend)? - LAist

Link from Pablo Honey:

Do Latinx Fans Still Love Morrissey (And Will They Show Up At Hollywood Bowl This Weekend)? - LAist
By Steven Cuevas

Excerpt:

The sound of The Smiths was inescapable in the '80s, but it was as a solo artist that Morrissey's popularity really took off among Mexican-Americans in Los Angeles.

And Morrissey returned the affection in songs like "Mexico" and "First of the Gang to Die."

But those fans, myself included, have had to confront the singer's embrace of hard right, extremist politics.

It’s no longer news. It’s nothingness. There is nothing new being said anymore. Copy & paste. The News is Dead, Boys.

yawn yawn yawn ,nothing to see here,move on.

See wanker tseng has been out on a toxic trawl again...mega yawn. That other twat skinny must be having a day off for a change. What a shit site this is.

Can't some clever fan on here give us a non-tox-pro-Moz site which requires a sign-up?

Do Latinx Fans like free ticket entry to The Hollywood Bowl ?
Free hot dogs the lot :thumb:
We need to make this performance look sold out kids the black curtains don't work at The Bowl.

Everywhere! Everywhere! Everywhere!
The Smiths are gonna re-unite. Johnny, Mike, Andy and Craig, the lot.
New songs.
New tunes.
Free hot dogs
Free t-shirts
Face painting (black up :brows:)
Whatever you want !
Do not spend the day in bed

Just get yer arses down to The Bowl and get yer Free tickets for the old Tosser :handpointright::oldman::handpointleft:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

cantinflas.jpg

Do Latinx Fans like free ticket entry to The Hollywood Bowl ?
Free hot dogs the lot :thumb:
We need to make this performance look sold out kids the black curtains don't work at The Bowl.

Everywhere! Everywhere! Everywhere!
The Smiths are gonna re-unite. Johnny, Mike, Andy and Craig, the lot.
New songs.
New tunes.
Free hot dogs
Free t-shirts
Face painting (black up :brows:)
Whatever you want !
Do not spend the day in bed

Just get yer arses down to The Bowl and get yer Free tickets for the old Tosser

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

:lbf:

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: and the lawnmower parts are going to reunite and play a Mook tarvern.:laughing:

The_Electric_Mayhem.jpg

An artist who loves his Mexican fans so much can’t possibly be racist, right? Morrissey has spoken on many occasions about his Mexican fans. He has released a song called “Mexico” and... Umm... Complimented Mexican people?: “I really like Mexican people. I find them so terribly nice. And they have fantastic hair, and fantastic skin, and usually really good teeth.”

Of course they do! These articles are tired rehashes of tired rehashes of tired rehashes.

Morrissey is in top form . I can’t afford tickets- things are pretty rough for me- but the clips I see online give me some hints of beauty in this sad depressing world of mine.

Just look at the recent San Diego show. Of course the Latino fans still support, Latino or not. The show tonight is going to be packed and amazing. Those of you turning your back on Morrissey is fine with us, the less casual fans the better.

Mexicans wouldn't like the idea of their country being colonised by Muslims and rendering them an imminent minority, so they should understand the problems that England is facing and why Moz suggested For Britain as a good political option.

The globalists have declared war on the European race by using strategically engineered mass immigration as a weapon to dilute their proud cultures and render them second class citizens in their own lands.

No Mexican would approve if Mexico was the target of an underhand invasion like this.

Mexicans are proud people, proud of their culture. If any of them are concerned about the slander the media is heaping upon Morrissey, they need to understand his point of view in this context.

Nationalism isn't frowned upon as 'right wing' in Central or South America the way it is (by the media, not the people) in Europe. When Moz's enemies call him 'right wing' they do so because he is a nationalist who cares about the well-being of his country and survival of its culture.

Morrissey is hated for loving (his country England).

Last edited:
An artist who loves his Mexican fans so much can’t possibly be racist, right? Morrissey has spoken on many occasions about his Mexican fans. He has released a song called “Mexico” and... Umm... Complimented Mexican people?: “I really like Mexican people. I find them so terribly nice. And they have fantastic hair, and fantastic skin, and usually really good teeth.”

With logic like that, you'd be an amazing advocate.

Here's something blindingly obvious about Morrissey - he loves anyone so long as he can make money from them or they have a use to him.

With logic like that, you'd be an amazing advocate.

Here's something blindingly obvious about Morrissey - he loves anyone so long as he can make money from them or they have a use to him.

A bunch of internet cornballs actin' like they're advocatin' but actually ain't achievin' anything.

I’ve just had a look and there is literally tons of seats left for the show tonight. This is pretty much unprecedented for Morrissee and a Los Angeles show, so obviously something is going on to make people not want to see him like at the Bowl like they used to?

Also they line his pockets with money and make him rich.

I was reading a book about Morrissey's relationship with his Latino fans and one of the contributors referred to Morrissey as a 'sodomite', so his seeming shift to the right probably isn't going to dent his popularity that much, as they have a few right-wing tendencies of their own.

Also - the shared Catholicism is pretty strong bond. That's a massive chunk of the culture in common. Once a Catholic, always a Catholic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom