David Lynch: an appreciation

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

The last true living artist in film. Let’s appreciate the man while he’s still living...
2BAED88B-E098-43E4-9518-0AB75D315D7D.jpeg

He has popped up now and then on this forum and I find him overrated and he stood just two metres in front of me at the Stockholm Festival and he looked like a sexual pervert which he is of course.

Some director create art and call it film but such films are more like plays or modern art exhibitions and rarely have a story to tell but the fans are sure quick to tell you what it is all about.

Maybe the fact these films allow the viewer to form their own opinion on what it is about is the whole purpose?

He has popped up now and then on this forum and I find him overrated and he stood just two metres in front of me at the Stockholm Festival and he looked like a sexual pervert which he is of course.

Some director create art and call it film but such films are more like plays or modern art exhibitions and rarely have a story to tell but the fans are sure quick to tell you what it is all about.

Maybe the fact these films allow the viewer to form their own opinion on what it is about is the whole purpose?
In short, by all mean be weird but never ever be unclear.

That is a good question. I don't think they are random. There is some meaning that could be decoded but different people will see different things.
Most American films tell you exactly how to feel about everything and then keep reminding you. They don't trust the audience to work it out. So I think part of it is getting the audience to come to their own conclusion.

That is a good question. I don't think they are random. There is some meaning that could be decoded but different people will see different things.
Most American films tell you exactly how to feel about everything and then keep reminding you. They don't trust the audience to work it out. So I think part of it is getting the audience to come to their own conclusion.
Write it on our noses as us swedes go when that happens. Yeah, you are correct and that is cause americans are not particularly smart and why they also need to make an american version of a european film. Americans are by nature comfort and safety junkies and rarely dare venture out of the comfort zone cause you have guys like Robby for that.

Great art allows you to form your own take on it but then there are those people out there who mimic the review people and strike up a posh language and claim to see everything and everyone in some movie and draw parallels with this and that and the other.

Everyone has an opinion but only the director or those that wrote it truly knows and sometimes I believe they just take the piss and try to be difficult having been raised on Bergman and others.

The self proclaimed smarties never have a single clue but let us let them believe they do have a clue or else they would go home and burn all their books that they gave them such credibility and likes from the easily impressed crowd out there.

Fake it till you make it!

Back
Top Bottom