Cross Channel swimmer singing Morrissey songs

Tingle3

This was mentioned in a review of the newspapers last night on TV and the story appears in today's Metro. David Walliams (for those outside the UK, one half of the unbelievably popular comedy duo that made 'Little Britain') swam the English Channel to France yesterday to raise money for Sport Relief. Apparently he said he sang Pet Shop Boys, Morrissey and Abba songs to himself while swimming. They made derogatory comment about Morrissey on the TV news last night in relation to this.

http://www.sportrelief.com/superswim/

Last edited:
LOL - he's a fan, turns up at gigs too.

All that training whilst being on the LB tour! I think its a great achievement.

I don't know what the derogatory comment was but I'll bet it was along the lines of ''If he was singing Morrissey songs I'm surprised he didn't drown himself''

I sometimes wonder if Mozzer has rued the day he ever wrote a song with miserable in the title because never has been able to forget it as far as the lazy and stupid press and media are concerned.

Congrats to David Walliams who has actually done something really difficult for charity rather than simply lending his name and being all sanctimonious about it.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's so amazing that he actually did it! I heard he's one in only 700 people that have managed the whole trip. I sponsored him. :) If I'm honest I have a little crush on him. Oh how I blushed when he came out naked on the Little Britain tour.

I can't imagine him singing Morrissey songs though! I wonder which songs they were.

Back
Top Bottom