corona empowerment

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25370

the coronavirus does also affect our languages. there are quite a lot of corona-related neologisms to be found in the media at the moment, mostly compound words beginning with 'corona' and being either closed, like in 'coronavirus' or open, like in 'corona victim', or connected with a hyphen, which i mostly see in german, like in 'corona-tote", which would be translated as "corona deaths" or "corona-risikogebiet", meaning "coronavirus risk area".

i guess the correct way would be to use 'coronavirus" or "coronavirus-related" in all cases, but it seems that the short form "corona" instead of 'coronavirus(-related) will eventually come out on top particularly in non-scientific texts.

there are some quite funny new corona words, like "Corona-Absage" which i stumbled upon this morning, meaning 'coronavirus-related cancellation', or even a triple one, 'Corona-Angst-Demo' meaning 'coronavirus-related demonstration caused by fear'. seems there are no limits.

also wondered about "corona-y chen street", a chinese spin-off of the legendary tv series from britain, among many other things.

coronalove, meaning that instead of greedily fighting for your toilet paper in the supermarket aisles and knocking down grandma peterson who wanted to get her share too, human beings should pause to think for a moment and remember their gentle powers of love, compassion and charity, and then make the right decisions.

CoronaLove

when a virus brings out the best in us.

1583534526458.png

#FreeJuanCorona

steven corona morrissey = morrissey s.c.

corona-zelte (corona tents)
soon to be set up on munich's theresienwiese to treat corona suspects.

corona cat ball (Corona-Katzenball)
20200302_121346~2-706x512.jpg

infrared corona lamp

this useful little lamp has been in retirement for a couple of years now, but today it was newly recruited to fight a secondary bacterial infection in my nasal and frontal sinuses that has been developing after the main symptoms of covid19 had disappeared and made me feel like carrying an aquarium on my shoulders.

only 10 minutes in front of it, and the refractory snot was gone.

highly recommended!

21132.jpg

infrared corona lamp

this useful little lamp has been in retirement for a couple of years now, but today it was newly recruited to fight a secondary bacterial infection in my nasal and frontal sinuses that has been developing after the main symptoms of covid19 had disappeared and made me feel like carrying an aquarium on my shoulders.

only 10 minutes in front of it, and the refractory snot was gone.

highly recommended!

21132.jpg
Does it flash to the beat of the music?

corona idea

i think morrissey should consider a new section on morrisseycentral that systematically collects exclusive, high-quality media posted on diverse social media sites in the wake of a concert. not everything thrown together in a topsy-turvy manner, but nicely ordered for each individual concert by date. something like an elaborate concert media archive.

probably a little bit of work necessary but maybe he can find some trustworthy, good souls to help him with that.

corona empowerment

was able to unblock my chronically obstructed corona nose with this.
??