Cornershop tweet

Well, they did have a UK #1 in 1997 with Brimful of Asha.
Yes i know that, but I mean comments in the press attributed to them are only ever Morrissey connected.
If Morrissey wasn't around they would have nothing to say for themselves. Or appear to be relevant.

Yes i know that, but I mean comments in the press attributed to them are only ever Morrissey connected.
If Morrissey wasn't around they would have nothing to say for themselves. Or appear to be relevant.
Cornershop are/were indeed a proverbial one hit wonder, especially as Asha hit #1 as a very radical Fatboy Slim remix.

I remember watching part of Cornershop's second stage set at a mid-90s Lollapalooza. The singer screamed about how racist Morrissey was, which I thought was funny because 95% of the people there in Kansas didn't have any f***ing clue who Morrissey was, let alone Cornershop.

I remember watching part of Cornershop's second stage set at a mid-90s Lollapalooza. The singer screamed about how racist Morrissey was, which I thought was funny because 95% of the people there in Kansas didn't have any f***ing clue who Morrissey was, let alone Cornershop.
The first I heard of them they were upset about either Asian Rut or Bengali in platforms.
Got their faces in the NME as a result. Then had the Fat Boy remix and then f*** all.
Only time I ever see reference to them is mentioning Morrissey.

They hiss and moan and they constantly groan....but they don't ever go away.... and that's because.....

Back
Top Bottom