Chronicle about "Kiss Me A Lot" video in Sweden's biggest newspaper Dagens Nyheter (DN)

Re: Chronicle about "Kiss me a lot" video in Swedens biggest newspaper Dagens Nyheter (DN)

Translated with Google Chrome:

Fredrik Strage: Suddenly transformed Morrissey to a sick old man imbecile

Chronicle. Morrissey has upset many times. But never before has he provoked his fans in his latest video.

Morrissey has made a video for her latest single "Kiss me a lot" and not since he was a bullied oddball home in Manchester in the seventies have so few wanted to kiss him. The comment field on Youtube closed after all upset Post: "I have never regretted so much that I seen anything", "I can not continue supporting his career after this", "For the first time in 32 years, I am ashamed to be Morrisseyfan".

Not even when Morrissey said Utøyamassakern was nothing compared to what happens at McDonalds every day, or called the Chinese a "subspecies" because of their cruelty to animals, he aroused as much offense. He has always been a fanatical animal lover and a vegetarian. However, he has never been there, he seems to be in the new video: sexist.

The camera pans clumsily over Morrissey and backing band playing "Kiss me a lot" and the appearance cross cut - without rhythm - with young women wearing revealing lingerie and has written the song title with marker pen on their bodies. It looks as if the "Café Norrköping" [dated Swedish tv-show] picture producer has zapped here from 1987, had a stroke and then tried to do a commercial for Victoria's Secret.

Morrissey videography includes many disasters (he never liked the format, in a television interview in 1984, he predicted the music video's death) but "Kiss me a lot" is so spectacularly bad that many refuse to believe that he had anything to do with it. That director Sam Esty Rayner is Morrissey's nephew and starred in his first solo video "Suedehead" - he is the little boy who gives the star a copy of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's book "The Little Prince" - has not dampened the rampage. "You should be ashamed for having made ​​this video," writes a fan of director on Facebook. "Morrissey has released their best album in years and it soiled the bottom of this stuff debris. /.../ Then when like Morrissey to objectify women? This is so awful that I hope you get gonorrhea and then gets run over by a bus. "

According to Sam Esty Rayner came concept for the video entirely from his uncle. The question is whether it is intentional or just lousy lousy. The last option seems the most likely. Maybe you want Morrissey, who for more than 30 years exploring gayestetik, make a coarse-grained pastiche of the male heterosexual desire that permeates our culture. Perhaps he wants to suggest that he is not gay but, as he recently put it, "humasexual". Maybe he just wants to get attention by annoying fans who associate him with feminism (and confuse them with their scrawled cells resemble namely the women in the video of the feminist protest group Femen).

In order to ascertain what Morrissey really mean, I ask my friend Morrissey Martin, who has "MORRISSEY" tattooed on his arm and during a concert threw up a copy of "The Little Prince" to his idol. He points out something I missed in the video: Morrissey smiles in the first verse and chorus. "There is something here that he thinks is great fun," says Morrissey-Martin. "Most likely, an obscure reference to something kitschy music program from 1973 as long as he can remember. Once you have found into his maze of influences have been very nice to find. But when, as here, neither the key or map he appears just like Benny Hill. Which in and of itself is pretty impressive of a gay millionaire in Dries Van Noten-jacket. "

Impressive is also Morrissey for the first time manages to alienate his entire audience. For an artist who often cook presents with their alienation gives it an authentic aura - the price of that he seems like a sick old man imbecile.

Fredrik Strage

Last edited:
Re: Chronicle about "Kiss me a lot" video in Swedens biggest newspaper Dagens Nyheter (DN)

Chronicle. Morrissey has upset many times. But never before has he provoked his fans in his latest video.

Morrissey has made a video for her latest single "Kiss me a lot" and not since he was a bullied oddball home in Manchester in the seventies have so few wanted to kiss him. The comment field on Youtube closed after all upset Post: "I have never regretted so much that I seen anything", "I can not continue supporting his career after this", "For the first time in 32 years, I am ashamed to be Morrisseyfan".

Not even when Morrissey said Utøyamassakern was nothing compared to what happens at McDonalds every day, or called the Chinese a "subspecies" because of their cruelty to animals, he aroused as much offense. He has always been a fanatical animal lover and a vegetarian. However, he has never been there, he seems to be in the new video: sexist.

The camera pans clumsily over Morrissey and backing band playing "Kiss me a lot" and the appearance cross cut - without rhythm - with young women wearing revealing lingerie and has written the song title with marker pen on their bodies. It looks as if the "Café Norrköping" [dated Swedish tv-show] picture producer has zapped here from 1987, had a stroke and then tried to do a commercial for Victoria's Secret.

Morrissey videography includes many disasters (he never liked the format, in a television interview in 1984, he predicted the music video's death) but "Kiss me a lot" is so spectacularly bad that many refuse to believe that he had anything to do with it. That director Sam Esty Rayner is Morrissey's nephew and starred in his first solo video "Suedehead" - he is the little boy who gives the star a copy of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's book "The Little Prince" - has not dampened the rampage. "You should be ashamed for having made ​​this video," writes a fan of director on Facebook. "Morrissey has released their best album in years and it soiled the bottom of this stuff debris. /.../ Then when like Morrissey to objectify women? This is so awful that I hope you get gonorrhea and then gets run over by a bus. "

According to Sam Esty Rayner came concept for the video entirely from his uncle. The question is whether it is intentional or just lousy lousy. The last option seems the most likely. Maybe you want Morrissey, who for more than 30 years exploring gayestetik, make a coarse-grained pastiche of the male heterosexual desire that permeates our culture. Perhaps he wants to suggest that he is not gay but, as he recently put it, "humasexual". Maybe he just wants to get attention by annoying fans who associate him with feminism (and confuse them with their scrawled cells resemble namely the women in the video of the feminist protest group Femen).

In order to ascertain what Morrissey really mean, I ask my friend Morrissey Martin, who has "MORRISSEY" tattooed on his arm and during a concert threw up a copy of "The Little Prince" to his idol. He points out something I missed in the video: Morrissey smiles in the first verse and chorus. "There is something here that he thinks is great fun," says Morrissey-Martin. "Most likely, an obscure reference to something kitschy music program from 1973 as long as he can remember. Once you have found into his maze of influences have been very nice to find. But when, as here, neither the key or map he appears just like Benny Hill. Which in and of itself is pretty impressive of a gay millionaire in Dries Van Noten-jacket. "

Impressive is also Morrissey for the first time manages to alienate his entire audience. For an artist who often cook presents with their alienation gives it an authentic aura - the price of that he seems like a sick old man imbecile.

Fredrik Strage

The only imbecility is the level of fake outrage and attention this silly video is getting. Morrissey must be doing something right. LOL

its not sexist. gotta agree with the rest though it could all be intentional and a fun laugh

Fredrik Strage: Plötsligt förvandlas Morrissey till en gubbsjuk imbecill - DN

Google translation to English below.
Excerpt:

"According to Sam Esty Rayner came concept for the video entirely from his uncle." - Info from a post by Sam on Facebook according to the writer (tweet).

CCyHW_0WEAAp6Xi.jpg

Friday April 17th scan:

dagens_nyheter.jpg

Related item:

Attachments

• IMG_6267-2.jpg
    IMG_6267-2.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 100
Last edited by a moderator:
Do not over analyse this tripe. Morrissey did this for publicity and it was made poorly in the hands of Sam

- - - Updated - - -

Its a bit depressing really that he sunk so low

- - - Updated - - -

He knows that they would go apeshit over this

It's the lack of artfulness that's most offensive. I mean, conceptually it's pretty lazy, as you could have all sorts of fun shenanigans and hijinks with people kissing. Throwing in some male models in their undies too, to make it equal opportunity. But nothing shocked me more than the video being shot like a homeless dude stole someone's iPhone, and then an infant edited it on iMovie. Moz has had plenty of simple videos before, and they've been among his best, but when you look at Tomorrow or My Love Life or All You Need Is Me, you see something genuine captured by a knowing eye. When I look at KMAL, I see something almost literally every person reading Morrissey Solo could have done better.

Re: Article: Chronicle about "Kiss Me A Lot" video in Sweden's biggest newspaper Dagens Nyheter (DN)

It's the lack of artfulness that's most offensive. I mean, conceptually it's pretty lazy, as you could have all sorts of fun shenanigans and hijinks with people kissing. Throwing in some male models in their undies too, to make it equal opportunity. But nothing shocked me more than the video being shot like a homeless dude stole someone's iPhone, and then an infant edited it on iMovie. Moz has had plenty of simple videos before, and they've been among his best, but when you look at Tomorrow or My Love Life or All You Need Is Me, you see something genuine captured by a knowing eye. When I look at KMAL, I see something almost literally every person reading Morrissey Solo could have done better.

Agreed, i'm swedish and i do not approve of this swede

- - - Updated - - -

Fredrik Strage

Did he have to still bring morrisseys sexuality in the end :(

Another pile of shit commentary.

I stopped reading after "sexist". And Morrissey is not gay.

Embarrassing "journalism", Mr. Strange.

I love it when people overreact so much about nothing. The videos is ok, nothing wrong with it. A few half-naked women, so what? come on, it's 2015!

Re: Article: Chronicle about "Kiss Me A Lot" video in Sweden's biggest newspaper Dagens Nyheter (DN)

Agreed, i'm swedish and i do not approve of this swede

- - - Updated - - -

Did he have to still bring morrisseys sexuality in the end :(

They didn't bring in Morrissey's sexuality at the end. The article is translated, but I am pretty sure "gayestetik" probably literally translates to something like "gay aesthetic." That Morrissey used imagery throughout his career that is perceived as being homoerotic or an appropriation of queer culture is somewhat undebatable. That people speculate about his decidedly undecided sexual orientation should not be news to anyone here. Maybe they are wrong to do so, maybe their speculations are wrong, but such sentiments are common and many people have difficulty viewing this video through any other lens.

Its awkwardly written though I am certain that's because it has been through google translate. All in all it is a pretty objective article about people's reaction to the video. Other than on this website where everyday is flagellate Morrissey day this is the first time I've noticed any real outrage from his core fan base. I mean he's said some controversial stuff, but the only real backlash I've seen to such comments usually come from posters on The Guardian/Rolling Stone/where ever who claim to have always hated Morrissey for a litany of reasons.

I don't get what people are upset about. Do they not what people to have the audacity to report on views that they do not agree with? :rolleyes:

The 90's called Fredrik Strage and wants the NHS specs back.

The biggest nerd in the world.

They didn't bring in Morrissey's sexuality at the end. The article is translated, but I am pretty sure "gayestetik" probably literally translates to something like "gay aesthetic." That Morrissey used imagery throughout his career that is perceived as being homoerotic or an appropriation of queer culture is somewhat undebatable. That people speculate about his decidedly undecided sexual orientation should not be news to anyone here. Maybe they are wrong to do so, maybe their speculations are wrong, but such sentiments are common and many people have difficulty viewing this video through any other lens.

Its awkwardly written though I am certain that's because it has been through google translate. All in all it is a pretty objective article about people's reaction to the video. Other than on this website where everyday is flagellate Morrissey day this is the first time I've noticed any real outrage from his core fan base. I mean he's said some controversial stuff, but the only real backlash I've seen to such comments usually come from posters on The Guardian/Rolling Stone/where ever who claim to have always hated Morrissey for a litany of reasons.

I don't get what people are upset about. Do they not what people to have the audacity to report on views that they do not agree with? :rolleyes:

No i read swedish, he called him a gay millionare

Hi folks! Couldn't sleep, too excited about this new Morrissey phase of epicFAIL! attempts at outrage. We've covered KMAL on the other long thread so #ThreadMerge applies, perhaps? Anyway!

Yes, it's gay aesthetic. And it's entirely legitimate to wonder why Morrissey has spent 3 decades appropriating queer culture for it's shock value in flyover states if he's actually heterosexual. If he's always had a bunch of lad's mags to wank over after a gig, that's fine, but it just raises uncomfortable issues about his sincerity. At least Tom Robinson and David Bowie made a firm stand about their right to switch from cock to fanny. Morrissey is just being a tease. That works when you're a young twink in The Smiths, but at 55 it's just......creepy. In an age when the rainbow freak flag is flying everywhere and you simply can't watch a cutting edge show without obligatory gayness, this is all silly. Trans Is The New Gay. If Morrissey wants to still get a rise (sic) out of this stuff, he needs to do a Bruce Jenner. He looks a bit haggard now, so a slap of make-up would be fine. He could present it as an homage to the New York Dolls. They were str8, so he can have the models in negligees dancing around him whilst dressed as David Johansen. He could also go the Pete Burns route and really have fun. Why not? It's not like he has kids to worry about. When he's in his wheelchair on the beach veranda at the care home in Eastbourne, he'll want to look back and LOL! Maybe he's just having a personality crisis as he reacts to his CANCER! diagnoses. Maybe he wishes he'd just gone down the pub and shagged a few birds before appropriating queer for career. He's a Late In Life Lad and it's great to see he's resolved the 'humasexual' conundrum by firmly denying he's gay and getting some bad actress models to get their tits out for the lads.

best
BB

No i read swedish, he called him a gay millionare

Are you based in Sweden? BrummieBoy is off to Denmark/Sweden for midsummer. Mostly Jutland but also Copenhagen, then over the bridge to drive around pretending to solve gruesome murders. I love Sweden! But I prefer the Danes, they take the piss out of the Swedes so well. BrummieBoy is friends with Frank and Casper and was in Klovn The Movie, he's also doing a bit in Klovn 2. Frank and Casper are great fans of Morrissey and also great comics. I wonder if they read these threads? *thinking* Morrissey was trying to channel the Spirit Of Klovn. FAIL!

BB will also be recording a couple of songs with "BillundBoy" but, of course, they won't be released,just added to the archive. BBs learning Danish. He's obsessed with the culture, even if the pig slaughter situation's pretty grim. If he's not on this site or shagging, odds are that BB's watching his DVD box-set of Klovn trying to speak along to the dialogue. Seriously.

best
BB

Are you based in Sweden? BrummieBoy is off to Denmark/Sweden for midsummer. Mostly Jutland but also Copenhagen, then over the bridge to drive around pretending to solve gruesome murders. I love Sweden! But I prefer the Danes, they take the piss out of the Swedes so well. BrummieBoy is friends with Frank and Casper and was in Klovn The Movie, he's also doing a bit in Klovn 2. Frank and Casper are great fans of Morrissey and also great comics. I wonder if they read these threads? *thinking* Morrissey was trying to channel the Spirit Of Klovn. FAIL!

BB will also be recording a couple of songs with "BillundBoy" but, of course, they won't be released,just added to the archive. BBs learning Danish. He's obsessed with the culture, even if the pig slaughter situation's pretty grim. If he's not on this site or shagging, odds are that BB's watching his DVD box-set of Klovn trying to speak along to the dialogue. Seriously.

best
BB

The danish swedish things needs explaining. Danes hate Sweden and swedes cause of all the laws and regulations in Sweden. This drives most danes to not stop at red light in Denmark to protest against the laws they do have. Danes never realised most swedes hate the swedish laws and regulations too as danes see swedes as one person they can hate.

Danes have one interest in life and that is themselves. This means outside of themselves nothing else exists and so danes are never fans of the famous in any shape, way or form. Danes live for their own and other things will never get in the way of that.

Swedes are highly critical of themselves and judge themselves. Swedes often debate how they are and what they do in certain situations. Swedes always have a jury on their shoulder or in their head and this turns into a voice that tend to criticise themselves.

Swedes cannot understand danes although some try to over bridge the language barrier in political correct projects made to drive the wheeling and dealing up in the danish and south of sweden area. Swedes are far too depressed to ever care about danes and danes are too cheerful and drunk to notice anything going on around them.

I am swedish and vote for the danes as Sweden waits for its new leader Putin to take over.

best
BB

Yes i live in gothenburg, tired old gothenburg. The city thats as exciting as a cold fish platter. Besides hanging out in Nordstan and wishing you were never born, you can fish!

- - - Updated - - -

I swear if god had given me a choice.......
I would have ticked the delete box on my life

- - - Updated - - -

Try with a new soul
But than again god would not be god with out jerking us around and the overall injustice in the world. Whats that religion called when you belive in god but you just hate god to?.
Ah god alright i'm just bitter

Fredrik Strage:

Fredrik Strage

:rofl: :rofl:

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/942-two-things-are-infinite-the-universe-and-human-stupidity-and

this guy must be full of love and understanding.

if i were morrissey, i'd make another vid, for 'scandinavia', at copacabana beach, with girls playing football. :rofl: is rio on the tour list?

http://www.worldwale.com/system/files/images/p_ONB00597.jpg

http://memographer.com/wp-content/u...zil-copacabana-beach-012-playing-football.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom