Canada return / LA fur ban / Love Hate and Racism - Morrissey Central

Canada dates lol

Good. The ban was ridiculous, given all the other countries with questionable animal rights policies (or lack thereof) where he has played in the past 15 years.

"My decision to return to Canada after almost 15 years of protest against its savage and Neanderthal annual Baby Seal Kill is entirely because my stance was ultimately of no use and helped no one. My voice was drowned out by the merciless swing of spiked axes crushing the heads of babies. Plus, my pension pot was running a bit low."

Look out, Rifke, I think you're in luck.

Last edited:
THE RIGHT ONE IS LEFT

For historical note, please be aware that my July concerts were not cancelled due to pressure from Love Hate And Racism. Yes, I am aware that certain UK hatepapers claimed a victory for Love Hate And Racism, but this, I can assure you, is just their life-destructive fantasy world rattling along in search of respectability. I sincerely hope that they find it. However, the British Arts are seriously under time-bomb attack by pearl-clutching print journalists whose fashionable outrage is their only oxygen. They write like friendless children talking to themselves as they slowly walk home from school, so certain that someone is out to get them. However, if you just happen to be those whom the UK hatepapers claim have abandoned me (and if you are, then why are you reading this?), then by all means, close the barn door on your way out. Music lasts longer than life.

peace for all
MORRISSEY 19 September 2018.

The words about fur in LA are ones mentioned a couple of days ago in the 'thinking' thread- they are basically the PETA announcement:

20180920_175239.jpg

Both of his quotes in full in case any vanish:
"Canada
My decision to return to Canada after almost 15 years of protest against its savage and Neanderthal annual Baby Seal Kill is entirely because my stance was ultimately of no use and helped no one. My voice was drowned out by the merciless swing of spiked axes crushing the heads of babies. On my return to Canada I feel that I can be of more use by making sizeable donations to animal protection groups in each city that I play. Thankfully there are many such organizations in Canada: Toronto Pig Save, Ottawa Animal Save, St John’s Chicken Save, Vancouver Chicken Save, and also PETAUSA and DxE / Direct Action Everywhere. Certainly, any and all of these groups are welcome to set up stalls at our concerts. We are here to save as many lives as possible. The current Canadian government neurotically preach diversity: the understanding that each individual is unique, and has much to offer because of their differences. This tolerance does not extend to the seal family - who hurt no one, yet who have no rights to life in the new non-discriminatory Canada. Will my Canadian tour be a success ? I have no idea. I shall give my best and do my best. We are all passionately looking forward to renewed friendships.

Meanwhile, compassion charges ahead elsewhere:Los Angeles City Council Votes to Ban the Sale of Fur

The Los Angeles City Council voted unanimously to stop the sale of fur, moving forward to become the largest city in the world to do so."

And:
"THE RIGHT ONE IS LEFT

For historical note, please be aware that my July concerts were not cancelled due to pressure from Love Hate And Racism. Yes, I am aware that certain UK hatepapers claimed a victory for Love Hate And Racism, but this, I can assure you, is just their life-destructive fantasy world rattling along in search of respectability. I sincerely hope that they find it. However, the British Arts are seriously under time-bomb attack by pearl-clutching print journalists whose fashionable outrage is their only oxygen. They write like friendless children talking to themselves as they slowly walk home from school, so certain that someone is out to get them. However, if you just happen to be those whom the UK hatepapers claim have abandoned me (and if you are, then why are you reading this?), then by all means, close the barn door on your way out. Music lasts longer than life.

peace for all

MORRISSEY 19 September 2018."

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense to return to Canada, he made his protest and it was well known and it highlighted the cause. But in a similar way, any cultural boycott of Israel has absolutely no effect on the Israeli government.

And here we see Morrissey's P.R. person (portrayed by Apu Nahasapeemapetalon) trying to give advice to Morrissey. (portrayed by Homer J Simpson)

Any step taken to help support organizations that work for animal rights is a positive thing. I’m sure going to Canada will give more coverage to the issues and that can’t be bad.

A good a time as any for Rifke to invite me over so we can listen to her neighbour and his girlfriend going at it all night and maybe, just maybe, we can take some inspiration from it?

Translated that for you:

"I'm going to Canada because they don't know who Tommy Robinson or Anne Marie Waters are and I can make some money"

And on the Right/Left thing:

"I want to be free to say all the bigoted bollocks I want to."

Translated that for you:

"I'm going to Canada because they don't know who Tommy Robinson or Anne Marie Waters are and I can make some money"

Boring toad.

Translated that for you:

Oh, how mean of you to deliberately think the worst of Steve Morrissey. What's he ever done to you?

Great, the 2019 World Tour is slowly taking shape. Wise decision to return to Canada, then a UK/Europe Tour in spring 2019 I suppose.

Wait - WHAT??? I never in my life thought this would happen. Do we have any info on dates? I haven't seen him here (Canada) since approximately 1991!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom