Book of Condolence Thread

He is with Dude now...flanked by the angels
?? ? ? ?

Poor wee cat.

I wish we didn't have to apologise for being upset by the death of pets - grief is grief, it has the same impact on the person regardless of who (or even what) it is they're grieving for.

Society in general cares more about people than animals, and more about the young & fit, than the old & sick, but that doesn't make the personal pain any less for the person in grief & someone grieving a more valuable member of society shouldn't jump on us to say we're lowering their status by caring about our pet.

Poor wee cat.

I wish we didn't have to apologise for being upset by the death of pets - grief is grief, it has the same impact on the person regardless of who (or even what) it is they're grieving for.

Society in general cares more about people than animals, and more about the young & fit, than the old & sick, but that doesn't make the personal pain any less for the person in grief & someone grieving a more valuable member of society shouldn't jump on us to say we're lowering their status by caring about our pet.
That's the gayest thing I've ever heard in my life.

View attachment 55740
RIP Tim Brooke-Taylor OBE.
Died aged 79 - a real Goodie.

Regards,
FWD.

Sad news. It's really hard to understand, though, how someone like him would have caught this unless he already had a serious illness.
He would have been living in a big property, presumably, and he was a very intelligent man so would have known and followed all the advice. Was it a chance encounter with someone in a shop or a street? Maybe a younger member of his family was carrying it without noticing. Baffling.

View attachment 55740
RIP Tim Brooke-Taylor OBE.
Died aged 79 - a real Goodie.

Regards,
FWD.

Heartbroken. Another bit of my childhood falls away. Thanks for the laughs, Tim, and Long Live The Goodies.
But what a fantastic clip, FWD, I've never seen that before. Thanks for posting.

Heartbroken. Another bit of my childhood falls away. Thanks for the laughs, Tim, and Long Live The Goodies.
But what a fantastic clip, FWD, I've never seen that before. Thanks for posting.
I'm just watching Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory and TBT just popped up on that - I'd completely forgotten that he had a small part in it. I will miss him in ISIHAC.

I'm just watching Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory and TBT just popped up on that - I'd completely forgotten that he had a small part in it. I will miss him in ISIHAC.
I never knew he was in that. What part did he play? And yes, a great loss to radio (and entertainment generally).

I never knew he was in that. What part did he play? And yes, a great loss to radio (and entertainment generally).
He has a little skit near the beginning as a technician interrogating a computer which has been programmed to find the locations of the five golden tickets. The computer does not cooperate.

Here's another one that just surfaced - new to me:

Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom