Oboe Concerto
Israel
I'm OK By Myself
Margaret on the Guillotine
At Last I Am Born
You Know I Couldn't Last

THE END

Can't we do another couple of listings?
I was thinking top ten rankings of Moz songs which have 6 words or less in the song title, and then top ten which have 7 words or more in the song title. What do you think?

1. Israel
2. You Know I Couldn't Last
3. Oboe Concerto
4. I'm OK by Myself
5. Margaret on the Guillotine
6. Some Say I Got Devil
7. At Last I Am Born

This is a seldomly weak set of songs.

1. OK
2. Born
3. Oboe
4. Margaret
5. Couldn’t Last
6. Israel

None of these are essential and only IOKBM do I sometimes long to hear. Israel is completely annihilated by horrendous lyrics, which is a shame since it’s the only composition by Manzur that is worth a penny.

None of these are essential and only IOKBM do I sometimes long to hear. Israel is completely annihilated by horrendous lyrics, which is a shame since it’s the only composition by Manzur that is worth a penny.

I know you don't like The Girl From Tel-Aviv, but I think it's one of Manzur's finest moments, and I am certainly no great fan of El Manzuro. The wheezing & mournful klezmer waltz perfectly compliments the lyrics: the tragedy and futility of the Zionist enterprise. "In fear of a God who hadn't saved them after all." I really like Morrissey's moments where he indulges his ethnic fetishes, both Mexican and Israeli, and Manzur's talent seems to be that he's a guide with good instincts in those efforts. I wonder if I am in the minority for liking his Spanish singing at the coda of Speedway in live performances. I also think Neal Cassady has a good guitar stomp (surprising for GM) but brought low by JC's production. He is not Jesus, though he has the same initials.

I know you don't like The Girl From Tel-Aviv, but I think it's one of Manzur's finest moments, and I am certainly no great fan of El Manzuro. The wheezing & mournful klezmer waltz perfectly compliments the lyrics: the tragedy and futility of the Zionist enterprise. "In fear of a God who hadn't saved them after all." I really like Morrissey's moments where he indulges his ethnic fetishes, both Mexican and Israeli, and Manzur's talent seems to be that he's a guide with good instincts in those efforts. I wonder if I am in the minority for liking his Spanish singing at the coda of Speedway in live performances. I also think Neal Cassady is a good guitar stomp (surprising for GM) but brought low by JC's production. He is not Jesus, though he has the same initials.
The best thing about that post was the Pulp reference at the end.

1. Margaret on the Guillotine
2. You Know I Couldn't Last
3. Israel
4. I'm OK by Myself
5. Some Say I Got Devil
6. Oboe Concerto
7. At Last I Am Born

I'm OK By Myself (Never thought I'd ever rank this song so high. Another one I once hated, but I realized I listen to the most out of any of these tracks)
Margaret on the Guillotine
Israel (Me after YOR was released: I wish Morrissey would do more piano-based tracks; Me after listening to Israel and In Your Lap: No, not like that! Ultimately, this song was a missed opportunity. Morrissey's political lyrics are always clumsy duds to me, even when I happen to agree with the content. But upon review, it's not as bad as I remembered and the music is quite good for a Gustavo track)
Oboe Concerto
Some Say I Got Devil (Interesting cover, but another cover I rarely revisit)
At Last I Am Born (While I'm big fan of most of ROTT, its last two tracks are underwhelming. I wish he had swapped them out for Christian Dior and Sweetie Pie instead(Farrell version in particular) if they were both written and recorded in time to be included)
You Know I Couldn't Last (This might be one of my least listened to Morrissey tracks. I don't even hate it. It just bores me for some reason, especially when knowing he has so many good B-sides in the YATQ era. A longer, more dramatic version of Never-Played Symphonies might have been a more effective album closer)

1. Some Say I Got Devil
2. Oboe Concerto
3. You Know Couldn't Last
4. Margaret On The Guillotine
5. Israel
6. I'm OK By Myself
7. At Last I Am Born

LEADERBOARD

1/ I'm OK By Myself - 28 pts
1/ Oboe Concerto - 28 pts
3/ Margaret On The Guillotine - 27 pts
3/ Israel - 27 pts