Best Morrissey Song Ever, round 6

Best Song On Maladjusted

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
eide to recieve got my vote
as strongest song on maladjusted
nr.2 is trouble loves me

i also like satan rejected my soul's ending amongs the others great songs on this superb album

I'm the only vote for "Sorrow Will Come in the End?" Not everyone's cup of tea I guess. Then again, not my favourite Moz album.

BTW the polls idea is great Johan. Interesting results.

Last edited:
Haven't been on the site for a while, and I don't feel like searching the ardchive. Sorry if it's been done, but how about a round of Smith's best song ever after you reach ROTT.

Are the Smiths one entity or four. Smiths' best song or Smith's best song? :confused:

Zenith Nadir said:
Haven't been on the site for a while, and I don't feel like searching the archive. Sorry if it's been done, but how about a round of Smith's best song ever after you reach ROTT.
BTW the polls idea is great Johan. Interesting results.

Thanks, ZN. Yes, I was thinking of doing a similar Smiths poll after we completed this one.
After ROTT we will first tackle the non-album Moz-singles and tracks though.

Satan!!!!

I voted for Trouble Loves Me, though maybe a tactical vote for Satan Rejected My Soul would've been wiser... just to keep Alma Matters off second place.

"trouble loves me" breaks my heart that's why I voted it

(though "maladjusted" breaks my brain,but still's nothing in comparation to "go to waste in the wrong arms")

"He Cried" for me, but it's a difficult decision because the album is full of great songs (Wide To Receive, Trouble Loves Me, Roys Keen, Alma etc. etc.). It's better than Vauxhall, imo...

Wow! glad to se my pick, "Maladjusted", is doing so well! Not one of my favourite Moz albums, but has a few great songs. "Trouble Loves Me" used to be my favourite for some time, followed by "Alma Matters" (sorry, Alma-haters - the tune might not be anything special, but I use the quote "but who asked you anyway? it's my life to wreck my own way" as my signature on almost every forum on the net I'm a member of!). But after a while "Maladjusted" - a song I didn't get at first - really clicked with me, now I think it's my favourite on the album. "Trouble Loves Me" is great, but it's a classic Moz ballad, "Alma" is a classic Moz pop single, but "Maladjusted" and "Ambitious Outsiders" are really the most interesting ones. "Maladjusted" is one of musically most interesting Morrissey solo songs, and it's very unusual and complicated lyrically as well - makes you think. and there's something haunting and ominous the chorus 'maladjusted, maladjusted, never to be trusted' and 'there's nothing wrong with you' - I couldn't get it out of my head for a while.

Back
Top Bottom