Best Morrissey Song Ever, Round 3

Best Song On Your Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"We Hate it When Our Friends Become SuccesfuI" .....so true!

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side

Simple and effective. Cheeky, aggressive and slightly dirty, it really encapsulates everything about that period of his career. Love the guitars on it.

Difficult one, went for I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday - first one of these polls where the one I voted for isn't in the top 2.

I think there should be a round for Bona Drag too with Suedehead and EDILS excluded. The other 12 songs pretty much make up an album. And a fine one at that.

I like all the tracks on this album equally. Amazing isn't it? This is the album that introduced me to Moz. A true rocker from start to finish.

I'll try my best to figure out which one I like most this very minute... or second.

1. You're Gonna Need...
2. Nat'l Front Disco
3. Fatty...
4. Glamorous Glue
5. We Hate it...
6. We'll Let You Know
7. Certain People I know
8. Tommorrow
9. Seasick...
10. I know it's gonna...

It's "Tomorrow" for me, loves "Ah, the pain in my arms/ah, the pain in my legs" part. Got the feeling he's comparing himself to Jesus on the cross.

Nikita said:
We'll let you know is one of my top ten Morrissey's solo songs

Yeah, great song. Gets my vote for sure.

Really difficult, this one...went for I know it's gonna happen (heart-breaking), but was tempted by Certain People and Glam Glue- was surprised at how few votes this one had. And surprised by Seasick...not a favourite of mine.:confused:

i had to go with 'tomorrow'....that song forever changed my life...

I voted for "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday", though it's a between that one, "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side" and "Seasick, Yet Still Docked". The first two I loved immediately, "Seasick" didn't impress me at first - partly because I used to be annoyed by another one of his (absurd) self-deprecating lines - but now I really love it. (I also love the video - so simple, yet so sad and affecting, with Morrissey looking straight into the camera, and the blavk and white footage of a happy family) But "Seasick" is already in a strong lead, and, to my surprise, "You're Gonna Need..." hasn't got a chance :( so I'm voting for "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday".

Other songs are strong, too, though I have to say I was never mad about "Fatty" and "We Hate It When Our Friends..." just doesn't have particularly great lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom