Two owls and a hen,
Four larks and a wren,
Have all built their nests in my beard!"

There was an old man with a beard,
Who said, "It is just as I feared!--
Two owls and a hen,
Four larks and a wren,
Have all built their nests in my beard!"

that's a nice poem, I think it was in this book I had when I was a child, but I'm disappointed that the word beard is used to rhyme with itself. I would suggest sheared as a second rhyme, with the concluding line stating that this is how the nesting birds will be removed.

i grew one when i was at school when i was 15.it was to raise money for our new school mini bus i got about 85 pounds which was a lot of money then.i shaved it off after the first day back after the summer hols it was all itchie.
now when my dad retired he grew one and its still going he looks like father christmas he is to lazy to shave

A beard can be good..it gives you something to hang on to.:thumb:

that's a nice poem, I think it was in this book I had when I was a child, but I'm disappointed that the word beard is used to rhyme with itself. I would suggest sheared as a second rhyme, with the concluding line stating that this is how the nesting birds will be removed.

The form dictates the rhyme, David, not the poet. That'd be absurd! You'd have poets expressing themselves and all sorts of chaos.

Well, al qaeda all have beards and I guess we all know they have something to hide!

Tags
beards disguises facial hair hirsute superfluous
Back
Top Bottom