An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Yeah I didn't love the Monster reissue either.

Favor to ask; for some reason Mega isn't letting me download these. It sticks at 12 percent and tells me I'm out of memory. Any chance you could do individual uploads through WeTransfer?

I could try Google drive. Give me some time I'll see if I can upload tonight. Will do a shared folder with individual tracks

I could try Google drive. Give me some time I'll see if I can upload tonight. Will do a shared folder with individual tracks
Awesome; thanks.

here is the folder :

i am uploading at the moment so keep an eye, the folders inside will be filling up
I've listened to all of them. I have to say they sound great and are significantly different interpretations of the songs than what is officially available, and I'm very impressed with your dedication to detail.

I can't say I necessarily prefer everything you did to the official versions, but in some cases (even many) I actually do. I really like that you highlighted Michael's voice (albeit tastefully) and brought to the fore so many of the strings and backing vocals and little nuances that were just hinted at before. And honestly, with a lot of those little bits, I never even knew they were there...and I've been listening to this band religiously since I was a teenager.

So; great work. Thank you for sharing your time and effort.

Please feedback, I spent many enjoyable hours tinkering. I am particularly happy with Up and Around The Sun. Some songs have a tempo increase, little amendments here and there. Main change is to increase the level of the rear channels for all albums as I find them lacking on the discs.

Also very happy how the monster 25 stereo remix turned out, as Mr Litt butchered the levels in my opinion and put hiss all over it
I found your version of the Monster 25 remix yesterday and want to thank you a lot for your efforts. I was excited to hear about a newly remixed Monster Version by Scott Litt but din't like the hiss. Your version sounds really great so I replaced 11 tracks from my collection with your remixes (the only song I didn't use was WTFK, as your remix clocks in at 3:21 which was too fast for my ears). Thanks again!

I've listened to all of them. I have to say they sound great and are significantly different interpretations of the songs than what is officially available, and I'm very impressed with your dedication to detail.

I can't say I necessarily prefer everything you did to the official versions, but in some cases (even many) I actually do. I really like that you highlighted Michael's voice (albeit tastefully) and brought to the fore so many of the strings and backing vocals and little nuances that were just hinted at before. And honestly, with a lot of those little bits, I never even knew they were there...and I've been listening to this band religiously since I was a teenager.

So; great work. Thank you for sharing your time and effort.

thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed listening. Some of the changes are not for everyone, but I really like Pop Song 89, WTFK and Reno. Also, Up really benefits from a tempo increase (only around 3 or 4%) same with ATS.

I found your version of the Monster 25 remix yesterday and want to thank you a lot for your efforts. I was excited to hear about a newly remixed Monster Version by Scott Litt but din't like the hiss. Your version sounds really great so I replaced 11 tracks from my collection with your remixes (the only song I didn't use was WTFK, as your remix clocks in at 3:21 which was too fast for my ears). Thanks again!

thats good to hear thanks for the feedback. I really think it sounds so much better that what is presented on the disc.
WTFK : after hearing it live so many times I just cannot listen to the studio version, it is sooo sloooowwwww. =)

Hi there, just wondering how you've managed to do this? I suspect it's something to do with the DVD audio (which I've never fully understood!) - does this mean you have access to isolated drum tracks for example? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Hi there, just wondering how you've managed to do this? I suspect it's something to do with the DVD audio (which I've never fully understood!) - does this mean you have access to isolated drum tracks for example? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

I used the commercially available DVD Audio releases that contain 5.1 mixes of the songs. You can rip the multichannel audio from the disc using DVD Audio Extractor, then I imported each song into Adobe Audition and you can then manipulate each channel (FL,FR,CNT,RL,RR,SUB).

I only used what is there, I don't have the stems like they released for IHT.

Some discs are mixed better than others, Document is particularly good.

Some of these are SERIOUSLY good mixes. Others are just interesting hearing parts I didn't know were there. Currently listening to Ignoreland - love it! Thanks for sharing!

Some of these are SERIOUSLY good mixes. Others are just interesting hearing parts I didn't know were there. Currently listening to Ignoreland - love it! Thanks for sharing!

glad you are enjoying - please let us know which ones you like / dislike =)

Buckhead Here ...... Hope everyone is doing well during all this. I have listed some things that would make my quarantine here in Chicago-land much more bearable. If anyone has RIPPED the following from DVD/BLUERAY I would be forever grateful. I have in my archives pretty much anything else official released, happy to trade. MP3 320kbps or High Def Flac Files work too. Thanks in Advance.

Timepiece Documentary [Out of Time 2016 Deluxe Edition Blue-ray]
Automatic Promo Video [Automatic For the People 2017 Deluxe Edition Blue-ray]
Roadmovie [Monster 2019 Deluxe Edition Blue-ray]
Accelerating Backward Documentary [REM BBC 9 Disk Box Set DVD]
Later....Jools Holland Show 1998 [REM BBC 9 Disk Box Set DVD]
Bonus Videos [REM BBC 9 Disk Box Set DVD]

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom