American Idol Season 9 thread

Corrissey

lovable loser
Season Nine kicks off tonight! :guitar:

american-idol.jpg

Paula's out :crazy:, Ellen's in :thumb:, and this is Simon's last season :(.

Boston auditions tonight, Atlanta tomorrow. Who's gonna tune in for talent and trainwrecks? :guitar: Maybe someone will cover a Moz toon. I always hope. :pray:

I bet Ellen makes it awesome, though I wondered what made her a credible judge of music other than being an avid listener and having some secret tie to the show since she always gets the people voted off on her own show, but at least she'll add some much needed dry humor to the experience.

The effects of this show on pop music culture will only be observed from a distance, but it hasn't produced anything of any artistic value or worth. The entire point of the show is to see Simon insult someone while Paula gargles vicodin and cries. I would watch it if they got rid of the "musical" performances.

I've decided to watch this season. Havent followed one since the year of the Sanjaya. I'm curious as to how Ellen will do.

I used to like Ellen but when her show became all about her being a lesbian, and wasn't funny anymore, and then got canceled, and they tried to act like it was because she was being persecuted for being a lesbian instead of just not being funny, I didn't like her anymore.

I'm gonna watch it - I actually find the US version loads better than our one. I'll miss Paula Abdoool though. Ryan Seacrest is much better than Dermot!

The effects of this show on pop music culture will only be observed from a distance, but it hasn't produced anything of any artistic value or worth. The entire point of the show is to see Simon insult someone while Paula gargles vicodin and cries. I would watch it if they got rid of the "musical" performances.

From what I've observed, the winner basically sings at the Super Bowl and maybe on an Ellen special or an American Idol special and that's about it. :rolleyes:

From what I've observed, the winner basically sings at the Super Bowl and maybe on an Ellen special or an American Idol special and that's about it. :rolleyes:

I think the real effect is on all the singers that try to be Christina Aguilera-esque, and perform vocal tricks, instead of singing the song. Not sure if this is still happening in pop music but there was a lot of it for a while.

I think the real effect is on all the singers that try to be Christina Aguilera-esque, and perform vocal tricks, instead of singing the song. Not sure if this is still happening in pop music but there was a lot of it for a while.

You're not into pop coloratura? :rolleyes: Actually, I hate to say but in the middle when she asks the crowd to sing the second time? She kinda sounds Morrisseyish, the back-of-the-throat style he has. :o

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-USUDzycRvM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-USUDzycRvM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I like that song, actually. :o I'm not a Christina hater.

But her style is easy to imitate poorly, and whenever I heard American Idol there were people on it that did just that.

okay. in a ceramics class I remember a test question,

T or F: A pot with bad form can be fixed with decoration?

I like that song, actually. :o I'm not a Christina hater.

But her style is easy to imitate poorly, and whenever I heard American Idol there were people on it that did just that.

okay. in a ceramics class I remember a test question,

T or F: A pot with bad form can be fixed with decoration?

Ohhhh, good one. FALSE!

Yeah, they do that a lot. It's irritating. I'm not sure if this applies, but I was flipping through a Nordstroms catalog this morning and I noticed that Juicy Couture has hopped on the "canvas bag earth first" bandwagon, except for some reason Juicy Couture canvas bags cost $90. Actually this doesn't apply at all...nevermind. :o But I typed it all out so I'm going to post it anyway. :D

My point was going to be that a Juicy Pink logo doesn't make a canvas bag any more valuable, or something like that.

No. You should get a discount for walking around advertising their product. But it's better than those sweatpants that say "juicy" on the butt. Maybe I'm being too literal, but I think the ideal moisture point for a butt is less than juicy.

I read a great article about Coco Chanel that said she was the inventor of status branding as we know it. At that point when you bought the designer name merchandise it was made with the best materials available. She used these materials but not exclusively, and would also use glass and rhinestones, sometimes in fine gold settings where you might expect only precious gems would be used. She did not charge less. It was no longer about inherent value.

The article went on to say that some designer brands like Louis Vuitton are sometimes of lesser quality than the bootleg version of the same thing, where it will be held to a more rigorous standard. Supposedly, according to this article, people that shop at stores that sell Louis Vuitton are not that discriminating, but shoppers that look for it at a shop that is less reputable are more likely to inspect the merchandise rigorously to see that it stands up to some mostly imaginary standard of quality.

why isn't Ellen judging tonight?! lame.

i knew this first chick was gonna suck.

Ellen won't be on until Hollywood week. I hate Kara so much I find watching the program difficult.

Tags
american idle billy idol doogie nights ellen </3 simon frink
Back
Top Bottom