All You Need Is Me - the new single

The Seeker of Good Songs

I haven't seen it written in any of the show reviews, so I thought I'd mention it here. At the 28 April Sparks show, Morrissey said either, "this is our" or "this is going to be our" new single just before starting "All You Need Is Me".

I haven't seen it written in any of the show reviews, so I thought I'd mention it here. At the 28 April Sparks show, Morrissey said either, "this is our" or "this is going to be our" new single just before starting "All You Need Is Me".

Interesting. I suppose we'll get all the usual speculation, just like when Friday Mourning was played. People speculated that "...I won't be coming back..." meant a retirement. In the same way that "...you're gonna miss me when I'm gone..." could mean the same. However, the fact that the merchandise calls this tour a Greatest Hits tour I think is merely tongue-in-cheek. Remember Visconti said that he would be back to produce Morrissey's next album. There's plenty of life in him yet.

Peter

Last edited:
There is no WAY it is a greatest hits tour if He is playing Lucky Lisp and all the singles from ROTT!!!

There is no WAY it is a greatest hits tour if He is playing Lucky Lisp and all the singles from ROTT!!!

Very true. If it were, I doubt there would be ANY Ringleader songs. It wouldn't make any sense. There would need to be a load more older classics.

Perhaps?

Everyday Is Like Sunday (1988)
First of The Gang To Die (2004)
Hairdresser On Fire (1988)
I Have Forgiven Jesus (2004)
Jack The Ripper (1992)
Late Night, Maudlin St (1988)
Life Is A Pigsty (2006)
Lost (1997)
Now My Heart Is Full (1994)
Speedway (1994)
Suedehead (1988)
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys (1989)
The National Front Disco (1992)
Trouble Loves me (1997)
Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself (1994)

Interesting. I suppose we'll get all the usual speculation, just like when Friday Mourning was played. People speculated that "...I won't be coming back..." meant a retirement. In the same way that "...you're gonna miss me when I'm gone..." could mean the same. However, the fact that the merchandise calls this tour a Greatest Hits tour I think is merely tongue-in-cheek. Remember Visconti said that he would be back to produce Morrissey's next album. There's plenty of life in him yet.

Peter

I really thought that during 04 because of him playing that but also he kept saying.. please don't forget me and stuff like that which made you think he was done.

Very true. If it were, I doubt there would be ANY Ringleader songs. It wouldn't make any sense. There would need to be a load more older classics.

That's nonsense.

You would not be able to have 'greatest hits' your without his joint highest ever placed UK single, which is You Have Killed Me.

And don't come back with that it's a US tour, as, lets be honest, the only songs in the US that have been anywhere near to being 'hits' have been How Soon Is Now?, Ignore Me and Irish Blood. And that's not really enough for a setlist :p

Just to waste some time, I decided to see if he did a 20 song setlist of his actual biggest hits what the the songs would be, and it turns out his biggest hits are...

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Sheila Take A Bow
Suedehead
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Playboys
Interesting Drug
Ignore Me
Irish Blood
First of the Gang
Kiss You
Jesus
Redondo Beach (!?)
Killed Me
Panic
Charming Man
What Difference...?
Shoplifters
November
Girlfriend In A Coma
Youngest Was The Most Loved

Perhaps?

Everyday Is Like Sunday (1988)
First of The Gang To Die (2004)
Hairdresser On Fire (1988)
I Have Forgiven Jesus (2004)
Jack The Ripper (1992)
Late Night, Maudlin St (1988)
Life Is A Pigsty (2006)
Lost (1997)
Now My Heart Is Full (1994)
Speedway (1994)
Suedehead (1988)
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys (1989)
The National Front Disco (1992)
Trouble Loves me (1997)
Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself (1994)

As good a setlist as that would be, it's certainly not a 'greatest hits' one.

how is this for a greatest hits setlist?

(in no particular order but just going thru each release in my mind)

1. This Charming Man
2. Hand In Glove
3. How Soon Is Now?
4. Nowhere Fast
5. Bigmouth Strikes Again
6. There is a Light That Never Goes Out
7. Stop Me
8. Girlfriend In A Coma
9. Suedehead
10. Everyday is Like Sunday
11. November Spawned a Monster
12. Last of the Famous International Playboys
13. Sing Your Life
14. Seasick Yet Still Docked
15. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
16. Speedway
17. Now My Heart is Full
18. Alma Matters
19. The Boy Racer
20. Irish Blood, English Heart
21. First of the Gang to Die
22. Life is a Pigsty

Not my ideal setlist.. trying to write something that has what are the most popular songs.. for example.. I have no interest in hearing First of the Gang to Die again.. or Alma Matters.. or Sing Your Life.. I'd rather hear Handsome Devil over This Charming Man.

I find it amusing that even though the title of this thread is 'All you need is me - The new single’ all that's being discussed is possible greatest hits setlists :p

Not that I'm complaining, it's quite an interesting topic. But when I saw that there were 9 comments I thought maybe someone had some info on the possible new single. But no, just the same old patter :p just kidding I do find it interesting ;)

I have to say, I like Lucky Lisp, I always have done. In fact I nominated it for consideration as a "Download Morrissey in the UK charts" contender.

Hmm, perhaps its' about time for a new sleeve contest if this turns out to be the new single?:D

Re: sleeve design competition

Oh, I wish I could actually listen to the single... Anybody has it uploaded? And please may not be it Megaupload! :p

Re: sleeve design competition

Yey!!!!!!!

Go ahead Chartres, hope many of you will take part in. :)

I'll wait a while and see if it's gonna be a single, it's much funnier that way. Hope it won't take too long or I'll start it anyway;) .

Cheers

how is this for a greatest hits setlist?

(in no particular order but just going thru each release in my mind)

1. This Charming Man
2. Hand In Glove
3. How Soon Is Now?
4. Nowhere Fast
5. Bigmouth Strikes Again
6. There is a Light That Never Goes Out
7. Stop Me
8. Girlfriend In A Coma
9. Suedehead
10. Everyday is Like Sunday
11. November Spawned a Monster
12. Last of the Famous International Playboys
13. Sing Your Life
14. Seasick Yet Still Docked
15. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
16. Speedway
17. Now My Heart is Full
18. Alma Matters
19. The Boy Racer
20. Irish Blood, English Heart
21. First of the Gang to Die
22. Life is a Pigsty

Not my ideal setlist.. trying to write something that has what are the most popular songs.. for example.. I have no interest in hearing First of the Gang to Die again.. or Alma Matters.. or Sing Your Life.. I'd rather hear Handsome Devil over This Charming Man.

that isn;t a greatest hits set list and also it would be morrissey giving too much away. Morrissey knows how to create a setlist. As much as he says he is selfish in creating the lists, i think he does it with strategy

RE, youtube of 'all you need is me'
fab, i LOVE it.
*sighs*

Back
Top Bottom