Alan Whyte

ArnoldLayne

Have no doubt this has been discussed before, apologies...

Why does he not play live with Morrissey these days? I suspect there is an innocent reason (family), just wondering.

Cheers.

Have no doubt this has been discussed before, apologies...

Why does he not play live with Morrissey these days? I suspect there is an innocent reason (family), just wondering.

Cheers.

yes, about 7.3 zillion times! he left the touring band midway through the Who Ate Me Curry tour. an official explanation was never given other than that he wasn't well.
he supplied songs and played on ROTT. he also supplied songs but didn't play on YOR. both he and Moz maintain that they have not fallen out and are on good terms.
I suspect Morrissey likes the current line up and doesn't want to boot anyone out unnecessarily. although Alain's compositions are held in high esteem by the fans - and the recent ones are generally considered the best of the YOR bunch - I think there is consensus (just) that Tobias is a technically better guitarist, and perhaps Moz feels this too...

I believe Alain has had a history of spinal problems? Something like that, so touring long and hard with Morrissey is prob not his best deal.

I think there is consensus (just) that Tobias is a technically better guitarist, and perhaps Moz feels this too...

Completley disagree, personally I feel tobias just doesnt come close to Alain.

God i miss that guy. Fell in love with him in that You're The One For Me, Fatty video

Highschool?
Well that explains everything,
and suddenly I feel so old, and only 26. SIGH
Thanks, yeah, thanks alot buddy

Oh, well its not such a lovely time -- perhaps I'll feel it so when I'm a geezer at 26 :D jk
But mm, yes, the best words to describe my manner amongst other students my age is "born old." I am the lone Morrissey representative in a highschool upwards of 3,500 students. :crazy:

God Bless. His name name is spelled Alain and pronounced ALAN. look at the main page and well, it seems all the questions have been answered. Lots of interesting tid bits.

Have fun!

:guitar:

Recent show

I missed Alain's show this past weekend because I had to take care of someone recovering from surgery. Mikey Farrell was supposed to be the keyboardist that night. Did anyone go? I bet it was fantastic. I'd love a report of that show. The one person I knew who planned to go is probably too busy at work to tell me about the show. I like Kasey's voice a lot; she sounds kind of like a modern Patsy Cline.

I saw Alain at a previous show in October or around that time last year. I did not discuss with him his departure from Morrissey's band nor about his current relationship with duh Man. It seems like a touchy subject. He was very happy and rightly proud of about his projects writing songs for other artists and projects. I'm happy for him about that. He looked great and seemed like he was having a terrific time playing on the intimate little stage.

Oh, well its not such a lovely time -- perhaps I'll feel it so when I'm a geezer at 26 :D jk
But mm, yes, the best words to describe my manner amongst other students my age is "born old." I am the lone Morrissey representative in a highschool upwards of 3,500 students. :crazy:

You are born to hang. Heh.

Cool, well rock on, I started listening to Morrissey in 94, when I was in JR High, hah. So yeh, same here I guess.

You are born to hang. Heh.

Cool, well rock on, I started listening to Morrissey in 94, when I was in JR High, hah. So yeh, same here I guess.

Indeed. I've performed "Let Me Kiss You" at a festival on school grounds along with some of my own work. I'll also be covering "Death of A Disco Dancer" for school and community functions in March. And for my "senior salute," a sort of variety show for my graduating class this year, I plan on covering "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore." That one will be difficult. Hmm..:blushing:

Indeed. I've performed "Let Me Kiss You" at a festival on school grounds along with some of my own work. I'll also be covering "Death of A Disco Dancer" for school and community functions in March. And for my "senior salute," a sort of variety show for my graduating class this year, I plan on covering "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore." That one will be difficult. Hmm..:blushing:

woah, well good job. I think Black Cloud would be a nice choice, but that's just me. You should post a video of your rockin' covers :guitar: I always enjoy covers. I think Morrissey does too. So do it!

woah, well good job. I think Black Cloud would be a nice choice, but that's just me. You should post a video of your rockin' covers :guitar: I always enjoy covers. I think Morrissey does too. So do it!

:) Well I'm actually just finishing up production on a studio cover of AYNIM, so I'll post that for you on here once I get it done. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom