Alain Whyte YT: "Mute Witness" acoustic (May 15, 2020)

20200515_075301.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

A beautiful song. Though, in 1992 when I bought Kill Uncle, I was always confused as to why the witness wanted to wait for so long before reaching for pen and paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best song on an awful album, but that's about it. Always good to see Alain though.

so much alain lately. alain-whyte-solo.com

did he tell us his secret yet or what?

Last edited:
I reckon straight from his living room in Pasadena, Moz Angeles. I reckon I didn't know Al graduated from Notre Dame. I reckon I bet the California Son wishes he would of accepted that basketball scholarship from UCLA instead of going to Brittin in 1982 with Chrissie Hynde. Reckon he would of been a lot richer fark arse skozer c*** tit twat inn nn nnnn nnn nnnnnnn n nnnn n it.

Always loved this song although a real opportunity missed, production never sat well with me. Lamger might be a top dude but he wasn’t a Morrissey producer.

alain makes it seems so easy.good guy.

About the only song on KU with some real energy, and it also fared well when played live. Although I must say that Alain plays it better now than back in 1991. Very enjoyable.

The best song on an awful album, but that's about it. Always good to see Alain though.
Hmmm. I always liked 'Driving Your Girlfriend Home'. I also liked King Leer and There Is A Place and Sing Your Life. Certainly not Moz's best album and possibly his worst, but genius compared to 95% of the crap that sells these days. When Kill Uncle gets the vinyl reissue (this year?) I'll be buying it. I'll sit down and soak up the album and see if I still enjoy it. Listening to an LP (compared to CD or mp3) makes you focus and lets you hear instruments and undercurrents that pass you by on other media.

Oh Alain. As much as I love 'I am not a dog'.... Moz: please bring Alain back. He does more with one acoustic guitar than a band does.
My ideal world: Moz is still popular but mainly with proper fans (the ones who actually listen and don't stare into their phones at concerts). He plays small venues with Alain and Boz. Acoustic intimate concerts where you can hear a pin drop. He wants to be there and he wants to play for as long as we want him to. The concerts sell well but to fans. It's not an 'event' or a Facebook moment. It's just the arterial vein of music, mainlining Moz.

Oh Alain. As much as I love 'I am not a dog'.... Moz: please bring Alain back. He does more with one acoustic guitar than a band does.
My ideal world: Moz is still popular but mainly with proper fans (the ones who actually listen and don't stare into their phones at concerts). He plays small venues with Alain and Boz. Acoustic intimate concerts where you can hear a pin drop. He wants to be there and he wants to play for as long as we want him to. The concerts sell well but to fans. It's not an 'event' or a Facebook moment. It's just the arterial vein of music, mainlining Moz.
It's a shame that Morrissey never shakes things up in that regard. He's been doing the same tour for over a decade now. Big bloated band just chugging along. I can think of so many of his songs that would benefit from a subtle, acoustic treatment in a nice theater. Would be so easy.

A beautiful song. Though, in 1992 when I bought Kill Uncle, I was always confused as to why the witness wanted to wait for so long before reaching for pen and paper.
I remember my brother giving me the £ to buy it on CD in Galway on my way home from university. I remember it was a Friday. We played it on his big Pioneer stereo. Our shock at what we heard. Understated melodies, a flat production. Moz out of breath after a long race. A travesty. Only later did we force ourselves to appreciate it more. With The Smiths and Viva Hate we loved EVERY song. With Kill Uncle we loved maybe 3 or 4, and that was being generous. Thankfully Your Arsenal renewed our faith. Also the Kill Uncle tour was far better than the album, with the songs given life. He should have waited and included My Love Life and I've Changed My Plea To Guilty on the album. That would have dragged it from the ashes. Just as Nobody Loves Us would have helped Southpaw.

Last edited:
“Driving your girlfriend home” is one of my favorite Morrissey songs.

It brilliantly captures the essence of being gay in a straight environment.

A stellar song.

KU wasn't a bad album. Have a bit of a fondness for it - the way you might for a shy, handicapped friend.
Alain's a dude. Does a great job on acoustic guitar.

Fek'll blood blikey m8. Reckon now I know what the Pasadena Son watches right before he goes on stage at the Viper Room on Tuesday nights to get him fired up. Fight on Notre Dame fark arse c*** tit twat inn nn nn nnnn nnn it.

I think he sings in this higher register much better than some of the other vids he's posted. Alain's not trained as a singer but did some stunning backing vocals for Moz, come on.

Alain’s awesome like, but f***in hell he can’t sing, worse than Johnny Marr

Last edited:
Another nice little performance.

I concur that this is possibly the best song on Kill Uncle although it is maybe a tie with Driving Your Girlfriend Home. Not much other competition...

More brilliance from AW, many thanks; he's a top guy.
I can't help but detect the love & emotion AW has (on this and the other clips he's provided) for his time with Moz.
Despite being considered the runt of the album litter, I love the KU album; maybe least fave track on it would be Found, but even that's ok by me.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom