Alain Whyte: "Southpaw" - live at The Hotel Cafe, Hollywood (20th September, 2019)

20190926_220442.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

is his mic level to low or is he singing softly in hopes that no one notices he's singing?

WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:eek:

WHAT A CATASTROPHIC DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:censored:

DOES HE HAVE COTTON BALLS IN HIS MOUTH WTF????:censored:

no shot of the crowd due to there being but 20 twats in attendance.:whip:
WHAT A DISASTER!!!!:head-smack:

o_O

am i right in seeing the salad punk rock drummer wearing a baseball hat an a mexican flower shirt? WTF!!!!

Alain plays parts Jesse couldn’t dream of playing them.
We miss you mon pote Alain

It is perhaps when I hear other people singing Morrissey's songs that I truly appreciate just how unique Morrissey's voice is.

The best song on the Southpaw LP, and one of Morrissey’s best ever. Delighted to see that Alain picked it out for his set.
I have to agree with you and I know it's not moz singing but Alain is freaking jamming and doing vocals same time....moz can't do that.....its really fantastic I like it

It is perhaps when I hear other people singing Morrissey's songs that I truly appreciate just how unique Morrissey's voice is.

Totally agree...this is one of my favourite tracks from Moz; the vocals here are just terrible tbh, but nice to see it regardless of that; was wondering when was the last time he did this one 'live'?

Alain plays parts Jesse couldn’t dream of playing them.
We miss you mon pote Alain
Satan rejected your soul. Nope. I don't miss Alain. Jesse is fantastic. You are so annoying. Your song is Satan rejected your soul. And home is a question mark. Poor thing.

Totally agree...this is one of my favourite tracks from Moz; the vocals here are just terrible tbh, but nice to see it regardless of that; was wondering when was the last time he did this one 'live'?

This was the first time that "Southpaw" had been performed live, by either Morrissey or Alain.

Last edited:
This was the first time that "Southpaw" has been performed live, by either Morrissey or Alain.

Thanks for that info...can't believe Moz has never done 'Southpaw' live...that's such a shame it's almost criminal.

Thanks for that info...can't believe Moz has never done 'Southpaw' live...that's such a shame it's almost criminal.

It likely hasn’t made its way into the set list in the last 10+ years because no one else can play it properly.

It likely hasn’t made its way into the set list in the last 10+ years because no one else can play it properly.

Morrissey on Southpaw:

"The intent of the song "Southpaw" shrinks back at least four times, stuck in blame; the concluding help me, help me voice virtually undetectable as the track is sucked away. We have never played this song live because it belongs only to that moment in 1995, and none other."

Morrissey on Southpaw:

"The intent of the song "Southpaw" shrinks back at least four times, stuck in blame; the concluding help me, help me voice virtually undetectable as the track is sucked away. We have never played this song live because it belongs only to that moment in 1995, and none other."

I think it’s time to let it out of it’s 1995 cage now.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom