A Girl I Used To Know

If it's what I think it is, it's by the Swedish band, Boys.

If it's what I think it is, it's by the Swedish band, Boys.

Is this the song that goes "Why do you inject yourself..." etc?

I heard a rumour that this was done by Mark Radcliffe & Marc Riley as a piss-take....only a rumour....

Peter

Oops, never mind. This isn't the Boys track.
This is that earlier spoof track that's also sometimes titled "Melanie".

I have it on my computer as "Melanie (A Girl I Used To Know)".

Wish I knew the truth behind this song, thanks for the info Skinny.

Oops, never mind. This isn't the Boys track.
This is that earlier spoof track that's also sometimes titled "Melanie".

I have it on my computer as "Melanie (A Girl I Used To Know)".

Wish I knew the truth behind this song, thanks for the info Skinny.

Hmmmm. the more I listen to it the more I hear "Holland" all over it. The guy singing has a Dutch accent...One thing's for sure, it is not Morrissey.

Peter

Does anyone have The Boys track that people thought was another Moz track.

It had lines like "crashing bores" and other things?
Seem to have lost mine...

Does anyone have The Boys track that people thought was another Moz track.

It had lines like "crashing bores" and other things?
Seem to have lost mine...

Oooh....I have that on the other hard drive - wasn't it called "A New Girl Born"? As I recall, it was leaked on Soulseek named "I Have Forgiven Jesus". John Ludvig of Boys admitted it was his band. I have the rest of their demo somewhere, and it's pretty good...the singer certainly does a good Moz impression.

Best Wishes,

Peter

Oooh....I have that on the other hard drive - wasn't it called "A New Girl Born"? As I recall, it was leaked on Soulseek named "I Have Forgiven Jesus". John Ludvig of Boys admitted it was his band. I have the rest of their demo somewhere, and it's pretty good...the singer certainly does a good Moz impression.

Best Wishes,

Peter

That's the one!
I did enjoy the song, kinda wanted to hear what the rest of their stuff sounded like. Hmm, I'll do a search on my hard drive.

The version I downloaded had an intro in another language, the only words I could make out where 'Stephen Street'.

It is not Morrissey though, thats for sure. I had wondered whether the lyrics were his...but they are kind of terrible.

Back
Top Bottom