2009 - Fantasy Baseball - Roll Call

Buzzetta

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!
With the season about three weeks away I am hoping to find a number of people willing to participate in a Moz-Solo - Fantasy Baseball league.

League would be run purely for pure fun and would be a stat driven league not a head to head. I asked a couple of members here and they did indeed express interest. If possible I would love to get this going with an online draft to take place either next Saturday or the Saturday after at the latest.

Please leave a message here or through PM if interested.

World Series?

With the season about three weeks away I am hoping to find a number of people willing to participate in a Moz-Solo - Fantasy Baseball league.

League would be run purely for pure fun and would be a stat driven league not a head to head. I asked a couple of members here and they did indeed express interest. If possible I would love to get this going with an online draft to take place either next Saturday or the Saturday after at the latest.

Any chance of a team from outside USA (and the one they let in from Canada) taking part in the ''World Series'' this year?:rolleyes::D

Jukebox Jury

Re: World Series?

Any chance of a team from outside USA (and the one they let in from Canada) taking part in the ''World Series'' this year?:rolleyes::D

Jukebox Jury

Any chance of not saying that every time baseball is mentioned? Or are you that predictable?

I should of also mentioned after my joking that I am terrible in these fantasy leagues , but If you need someone to be the Kansas City Royals of the league, then I am here.

Any chance of not saying that every time baseball is mentioned? Or are you that predictable?

Well I never get an answer each time I ask:lbf:
Just another question like the one you wrote;)

My ''issue'' with baseball stems from the ONE game I was taken to in 1992. Nothing happened:eek:
Some bloke with a bat came onto the pitch, the PA boomed out ''We Will Rock You'', the crowd stood up and clapped along as if almost hypnotised by the music, sat down and watched the bloke with the bat not hit the ball three times.
Then another bloke with a bat came on the pitch and the music started again and the whole process was repeated. And then again. And again. All night.

It made me realise how interesting five day cricket is. And believe me, five day cricket is not interesting:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

My ''issue'' with baseball stems from the ONE game I was taken to in 1992. Nothing happened:eek:
Some bloke with a bat came onto the pitch, the PA boomed out ''We Will Rock You'', the crowd stood up and clapped along as if almost hypnotised by the music, sat down and watched the bloke with the bat not hit the ball three times.
Then another bloke with a bat came on the pitch and the music started again and the whole process was repeated. And then again. And again. All night.

It made me realise how interesting five day cricket is. And believe me, five day cricket is not interesting:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

haha I was only joking, it is a bit silly of a name but it has been its name for so long now I doubt they would ever change it, and I suppose in a way the name is somewhat suitable now as there are so many players from other countries now, even though the teams themselves are all american (and the one team up north)

where did you see the one game you were at?

you need to come and enjoy a game at Fenway Park, enjoy some Sam Addams ,and take in a yankees-Red Sox game.

We ( some friends and I ) tried Starting an Alston Cricket league a few years ago.Sadly, not many wanted to do it.

haha I was only joking, it is a bit silly of a name but it has been its name for so long now I doubt they would ever change it, and I suppose in a way the name is somewhat suitable now as there are so many players from other countries now, even though the teams themselves are all american (and the one team up north)

you need to come and enjoy a game at Fenway Park, enjoy some Sam Addams ,and take in a yankees-Red Sox game.

We ( some friends and I ) tried Starting an Alston Cricket league a few years ago.Sadly, not many wanted to do it.

hhhmmmm I may be in Boston in May:thumb:
An afternoon or evening of Sam Addams could be inviting:yum:

Imagine Red Sox v Yankees game would be a sell out. I would be cheering for the Yankess, of course.... red not being my favourite colour;)

Oh, the game I was taken to was Scranton v someone else from Pennslyvania:laughing:

Jukebox Jury

Buzzetta, my brother posted this link on his facebook page...
(he actually does have a facebook)

http://www.escambray.cu/Eng/Special/Comradefidel/2009/Cbaseballclassic090310139.htm

interesting how someone with such a brutal human rights record takes the time to give the world his thoughts on the merits of the sacrifice bunt.

Last edited:

Tezza
I tried to send you a PM but was told you didn't / couldn't receive them:eek:
Can you PM me with your email address?

Jukebox Jury

As I told you in reds, I will take part. But can you have the draft the Saturday after? I'm gonna be very, very busy this week and probably won't be on SoLow much at all.

I've never done fantasy baseball before, so I'm not sure how it all works....

I'm such a homer I'll just stack my team with Indians, most likely. :)

Jukebox Jury

Some baseball games are better than others.

Also, there's a lot going on in every at-bat between the pitcher and batter, that you could learn to appreciate over time.

No one is forcing you to like baseball. It's just a bit silly to judge a sport on one game that you watched as a newbie in ignorance. And baseball is more international than you suggest. Most of the best players come out of Latin America nowadays, but it's also quite popular in Asian countries.

They try and have this World Baseball Classic (as is going on right now). But it doesn't work. First of all, it's silly in baseball to have a team eliminated by one loss. You need a series of games. Really, you need over a hundred games to see who the best teams really are. But in a playoff situation, you can't really have one game and you're out. Also, there's just no way to do such an international competition properly, because it interferes with the Major League baseball season. But, while the Major Leagues are American teams (plus one Canadian) they have lots of players from around the world on them (and they are closely followed by the countries those players come from). I think travel problems would prevent the Major Leagues from becoming more international (it's already a big enough problem that there's a team in Seattle), but it would be cool if they had a team from Mexico City at least.

Last edited:
It's American Football that should really be mocked by Europeans and I will agree with them, despite having an obligation to pay attention to the game cuz I live in a football-obsessed city. That sport is so much hype. Jukebox Jury sounds like how a lot of American Football meatheads talk about soccer/real football: "Oh, I saw one game once, and nothing happened, it was boring." Baseball is art!

Last edited:
I'd like to play if the offer is still open.

(I may need a few pointers as to how to do the drafts etc. though).

I'll presumerably be fighting Terrence for the Royal's role ;)

Some baseball games are better than others.

Also, there's a lot going on in every at-bat between the pitcher and batter, that you could learn to appreciate over time.

No one is forcing you to like baseball. It's just a bit silly to judge a sport on one game that you watched as a newbie in ignorance. And baseball is more international than you suggest. Most of the best players come out of Latin America nowadays, but it's also quite popular in Asian countries.

They try and have this World Baseball Classic (as is going on right now). But it doesn't work. First of all, it's silly in baseball to have a team eliminated by one loss. You need a series of games. Really, you need over a hundred games to see who the best teams really are. But in a playoff situation, you can't really have one game and you're out. Also, there's just no way to do such an international competition properly, because it interferes with the Major League baseball season. But, while the Major Leagues are American teams (plus one Canadian) they have lots of players from around the world on them (and they are closely followed by the countries those players come from). I think travel problems would prevent the Major Leagues from becoming more international (it's already a big enough problem that there's a team in Seattle), but it would be cool if they had a team from Mexico City at least.

It's American Football that should really be mocked by Europeans and I will agree with them, despite having an obligation to pay attention to the game cuz I live in a football-obsessed city. That sport is so much hype. Jukebox Jury sounds like how a lot of American Football meatheads talk about soccer/real football: "Oh, I saw one game once, and nothing happened, it was boring." Baseball is art!

Theo
Chill out, I'm just taking the piss and having a laugh:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom