1991 Questinare tour shirt

ForgivemeJESUS

I am not BBC scum
I know this has been discussed in the past, but not in detail on the 1991 Questionnaire tour shirt different tags or brands
Need info on this shirt!!!!!!
What I've noticed is the Screen Star tag was sold in the usa and has Morrissey 1991 on back
But the Giant tag sold in UK only has Morrissey with no date on back
Is this accurate ? and if so which would have more value!

God I need that f***ing Edith Sitwell t-shirt. You triggered me goddmannit.
Now I get it......you need the rare Edith Sitwell double sided blured 1991 tour shirt that was withdrawn after 2 shows. Every so often I get lucky , I say blessed, when I get one before the other collectors (rare but sometimes). Collection has really grown in this dam pandemic. Still plenty to get. What's so ironic about it is , we are all on the same team as far as collection, but we all are competing for some same stuff.
Anyways......NOT FOR SALE......I guess, unless i drift to the other world.

I also collect older shirts. I've got over 50.
I'd say the Proust Questionnaire shirt was made around the later tour dates from 1991 and into 1992. The Screen Stars version was later, 1992. The Giant version came first and was produced in larger quantities overall. Quality is better for those as well, IMO.

I agree too that the Sitwell shirt is one of the best and most iconic. I have several of those, but not the double sided as I can never find one in a size that is even close to fitting, they're usually quite huge.

Thanks for the info.....as far as sizes go, I have never even worried about that because they get cleaned,ironed,and folded, then filed never to be worn.... if i worried about sizes my collection would be 1/3 of what it is.
Have you seen any other brands under the Edith shirts beside Giant, or Screen Stars and it would seem the opposite of what you are saying because screen stars has 1991 on back and Giant does not
QUOTE="Reggie Kray, post: 1987310590, member: 82"]
I'd say the Proust Questionnaire shirt was made around the later tour dates from 1991 and into 1992. The Screen Stars version was later, 1992. The Giant version came first and was produced in larger quantities overall. Quality is better for those as well, IMO.

I agree too that the Sitwell shirt is one of the best and most iconic. I have several of those, but not the double sided as I can never find one in a size that is even close to fitting, they're usually quite huge.
[/QUOTE]
is now.

Thanks for the info.....as far as sizes go, I have never even worried about that because they get cleaned,ironed,and folded, then filed never to be worn.... if i worried about sizes my collection would be 1/3 of what it is.
Have you seen any other brands under the Edith shirts beside Giant, or Screen Stars and it would seem the opposite of what you are saying because screen stars has 1991 on back and Giant does not
QUOTE="Reggie Kray, post: 1987310590, member: 82"]

[/QUOTE]

YOU HAVE SEVERAL? WTF.

When I was talking about the Giant tag versus screen stars, I was referring to the Questionnaire shirt.

The Edith Sitwell tour shirt was never made with a Giant Tag at least as far as I know.
That was either one of three:
1 - Hanes for the US/Japan tour
2- A different tag Made in Brazil for the other EU/UK leg of the tour and the dual sided version as well.
3 - A Screen Stars version was produced later in 1992 despite saying 1991 on the back....

I have two of the Hanes version, 1 of the screen stars. I have had the other but either sold it or gave it away as it was too big; I forget.

I'd say I have more Original Smiths shirts now than Solo.

When I was talking about the Giant tag versus screen stars, I was referring to the Questionnaire shirt.

The Edith Sitwell tour shirt was never made with a Giant Tag at least as far as I know.
That was either one of three:
1 - Hanes for the US/Japan tour
2- A different tag Made in Brazil for the other EU/UK leg of the tour and the dual sided version as well.
3 - A Screen Stars version was produced later in 1992 despite saying 1991 on the back....

I have two of the Hanes version, 1 of the screen stars. I have had the other but either sold it or gave it away as it was too big; I forget.

I'd say I have more Original Smiths shirts now than Solo.
Sorry about that, my confusion, but do you know why the Giant Questionnaire shirt does not have 1991 on back, probably because it was first and then later added it on next leg

No worries.
I'm not sure why but I believe that it had, just as others had, a reprint and they decided to add in more graphics, like changing the dates on the back of some of the other tour shirts.

I wear my shirts still but not all of them. Some quite more for collecting than wearing!

Back
Top Bottom